Pontins youth 08

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Sopstar superstar, May 12, 2008.

1. Sopstar superstar

Sopstar superstar New Member

Does anybody have any information about this year, beacuse i can't find any information on whats happening, the reason being that I'm playing with Sellers youth this year and it's my first time, so if anyone can ttell me anything, please and thankyou

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    anybody
    whats
    youth
    anyone
  3. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Hi murray.

You stick to the floor and play in a hall with a low(ish) ceiling. You get a heap of glass trophies, lots of soloist awards and play some music. There was a communal dressing room last year, and a quirky little warm up room.

If the weather is anything like it was last year. PREPARE TO PERSPIRATE! and stay off the coach.

There's fish and chips and a bar there too.

(BTW, good luck sellers, retain that trophy from last year!)

4. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

... and as it's a youth contest, you get served at the bar a sight quicker than at the Spring Festival.

5. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

... but now it's cancelled, I guess you'll have to settle for the Holmfirth Contest which I believe is on the same day.

I'm on my annual pilgrimage to Amboise that weekend so afraid I'll miss it this year - nice contest though - very freindly atmosphere - and if you win a few of their trophies and melt them down you'll go to the top of the 4br money list no worries.

6. Masterblaster jnr

And there is Hollowgate Fish and Chips shop and a pub across the road!

7. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Well this sort of answers a question i was going to ask - as Pontins has been cancelled, are there any other Youth contests/festivals in June or July that i could enter my band into (preferably that allow adults to play aswell!!)

Could anyone provide details or contact names for the Holmfirth Contest?

Thanks

8. Masterblaster jnr

Holmfirth Civic Hall
    8th June
    Think its in A,B,C sectons with usual sections in each. (am willing to be corrected)

There is Silkstone March contest (early July) & Brighouse March Contest (late june).

Click Here for the link for last years contest details, however i am not sure they are still valid.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  9. blasterbates

blasterbates Member

6th July this year.

Clashes with Shat Sing - any excuses I can use to get out of that so I can go to watch at Briggus?

(p.s. tea will be ready at 5.30).

10. Masterblaster jnr

Ooh lovely!

I guess im confusing the two briggus events and thinking of briggus gala taking place in briggus on't 28th june and briggus march contest in the briggus centre where we march through briggus. that takes place in briggus on the 6th july.

Oh.................................