Pontins/tMP Band Times and Details

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Roger Thorne, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Folks,

With only a few days to go, the Pontins weekend is nearly upon us and we’ve been busy sorting out the nitty gritties for our two concert performances during this prestigious contest weekend.

Firstly, can I take this opportunity to thank you all for volunteering your services on behalf of the MouthPiece.com band. For those who have played with us before you obviously know what it’s about and for those that haven’t - well, you’re in for a treat.

As you can imagine organising this on the day is going to be very difficult, so it is important that we all meet at the correct venue at the times stated. It really would be appreciated if you can make every effort to adhere to these times.

Seating arrangements and music programme will be sorted on the day.

The details:

Saturday 29th October:

The MouthPiece.com Band will perform an hour’s concert in the FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    Start time: 7.30 p.m.
    Meeting/Set up time: 7.00 p.m. (by the stage)

Rehearsal facility: Although we have a rehearsal facility allocated to us I do not at this time have any details. The original instruction from Frank Hodges was that I report to him on my arrival and the rehearsal room and times will be given to me.
    What I would suggest at this moment in time (or until you hear any different) is that we all arrange to meet outside by the entrance to the Fun Factory Ballroom at 2.00 p.m. to be given the above rehearsal information.

-------------O-------------

Sunday 30th October
    The MouthPiece.com Band will perform for 15-20 minutes at the conclusion of the Championship Section in the FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.

We will be required to take the stage immediately after the last band has played. At the time of writing this I am unaware of any withdrawals in this section, but we must obviously take this eventuality into account.

After last years event I would estimate that we would be playing at between 5.00 & 6.00 p.m. Again I would suggest that we meet in the vicinity of the Fun Factory Ballroom registration room between 3.00 - 4.00 p.m. This will give us plenty of time to get ourselves organised and allow for any withdrawals. Obviously we must not interfere or hinder any other bands preparing to take the stage.

Rehearsal facility:
    I am hoping to arrange a separate rehearsal for the Sunday performance, but as yet I do not have any details to relay. Hopefully this can be sorted on the Saturday and the information can then be passed on. Another ‘blow’ is that we will probably have NO percussion facilities available to us for rehearsals - so our dear friends in the shed-building department could well be sight reading the whole performance! I'll try and rectify this problem if possible.

Can I remind everyone that the tMP uniform will be your OWN BANDS STAGE UNIFORM. Could you also bring a music stand and a stand banner which will show the diversity of the bands taking part.

If you have any further questions we will endeavour to answer them the best we can via this thread.

Once again I would like to thank Ray Payne for allowing the 'supplied contest percussion' to be used by the tMP Band and a special thank you to Frank Hodges for his assistance in helping us with all the arrangements.

Many thanks

The tMP Team.

;)

2. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You most certainly are :)!
    Good work organising stuff Mr Thorne:clap:
    see you at the weekend!

3. Di

Di Active Member

I've managed to squeeze Adams Traps kit into the back of Steve's car, so that will be available for practice. Could also put a small glock in at a push, (so long as you don't tell Steve). :biggrin: Can also throw in triangle, maracas, tambourine. Just let me know if you want me to and i'll make sure they go it.

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

You've packed already...dedication to the POntins experience!

5. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ive gorra triangle... and some egg shakers that permanently live in my case...

if you can shove some timps in too... :biggrin:

:tongue:

6. Di

Di Active Member

I should have said "experimented with packing......" ;) Needed to see what would fit and what wouldn't. :)

7. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

rock on all you organised people. so far my packing includes remembering that i need to take underwear and uniform as well as alohol and sweets. oh, a euphonium would be handy too wouldn't it?
    xx

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

What about us guys with no band uniforms or banners? FANCY DRESS??? :clap::clap:

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I'm all up for smart casual appearance... but I guess the usual black trousers/skirt with white shirt will be fine...:)

10. Steve

Steve Active Member

anyone else not wearing jackets? I aint gonna be the only one dressed in school uniform!!!! lol

will have to bring my tux jacket if there is no one else but it will mean less room in my luggage for Pontins essentials.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    MouthPiece.com
    Frank Hodges
    tMP Band Times
  12. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Are stands and banners essential? I could stretch to a stand if so, but all our banners are at someone's house and I've no idea whose.

13. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

My band don't wear jackets at all, you will all, therefore, be able to recognise me because I will be the one in the black trousers, black shirt and an outrageous electric blue tie.........please note I had nothing to do with chosing my bands uniform. Perhaps I should put a white shirt in my bag so I appear less conspicuous!!

14. MickM

MickM Member

You think that's bad?

Check mine out :eek: :eek: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  15. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

You have a lovely shade of green but you have a more than useful band to bring it off!! We just have our wonderfel, spectacular colour ties with an average band..doesn't work quite as well!!

16. MickM

MickM Member

O.K. which clever so & so's changed my picture? ^^Got to be one of you Mod's

Perhaps it punishment for posting in the wrong thread?

17. dyl

dyl Active Member

Sorry Mick - nothing to do with us. That is you though, isn't it?

I did notice though, that the pictures on the YBS website have changed - is that the reason?