Pontins: tMP Band - Times and Details

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Roger Thorne, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

For those who have volunteered to play with the tMP.com band you would have received the following information via PM. But I thought it might be a good idea to post on the main forum as well - just in case!
    It may be worth printing out this information and taking it with you.

With only a few days to go the Pontins weekend is nearly with us and we’ve been busy sorting out the nitty gritties for our two concert performances during this prestigious contest weekend.

Firstly, can I take this opportunity to thank you for volunteering your services on behalf of the MouthPiece.com band. For those who have played with us before you obviously know what it’s about and for those that haven’t - well, you’re in for a treat.

As you can imagine organising this on the day is going to be very difficult, so it is important that we all meet at the correct venue at the times stated. It really would be appreciated if you can make every effort to adhere to these times.

Seating arrangements and music programme will be sorted on the day.

The details:

Saturday 30th October:

The MouthPiece.com Band will perform an hour’s concert in the FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    Start time: 7.30 p.m.
    Meeting/Set up time: 7.00 p.m. (by the stage)

Rehearsal facility: Although we have a rehearsal facility allocated to us I do not at this time have any details. The original instruction from Frank Hodges was that I report to him on my arrival and the rehearsal room and times will be given to me.
    What I would suggest at this moment in time (or until you hear any different) is that we all arrange to meet outside by the entrance to the Fun Factory Ballroom at 2.00 p.m. to be given the above rehearsal information.

-------------O-------------

Sunday 31st October
    The MouthPiece.com Band will perform for 15-20 minutes at the conclusion of the Championship Section in the FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.

We will be required to take the stage immediately after the last band has played, (band 24). At the time of writing this I am unaware of any withdrawals in this section, but we must obviously take this eventuality into account.

Allowing for 15 minutes per performance and 24 bands in the section I would estimate that we would be playing at about 4.00 p.m. Again I would suggest that we meet in the vicinity of the Fun Factory Ballroom registration room between 2.30 - 3.00 p.m. This will give us plenty of time to get ourselves organised and allow for any withdrawals. Obviously we must not interfere or hinder any other bands preparing to take the stage.

Rehearsal facility:
    I am hoping to arrange a separate rehearsal for the Sunday performance, but as yet I do not have any details to relay. Hopefully this can be sorted on the Saturday and the information can then be passed on. Another ‘blow’ is that we will probably have NO percussion facilities available to us for rehearsals - so our dear friends in the shed-building department could well be sight reading the whole performance! I'll try and rectify this problem if possible.

If you have any further questions I will endeavour to answer them the best I can either by PM or via this thread.

Once again I would like to thank Ray Payne for allowing the 'supplied contest percussion' to be used by the tMP Band and a special thank you to Frank Hodges for his assistance in helping us with all the arrangements and making this unique appearance possible.

Many thanks

Roger

;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    tMP.com
    FUN FACTORY BALLROOM.
    tMP Band - Times
    Frank Hodges
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

You might want to make sure your mailbox is expanded (don't know if Joh ncan do that). As I see it with 45+ players, your 20 pm message quota will be filled quickly if everyone replys as requested.

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Had quite a few PM's already tonight to be honest. I'm about half-way through replying to them at the moment.
    No worries on the expanded mailbox thingy though. The Mods can accept up to 200!

;)

5. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

All the best to everyone. I only wish I could be there to see and hear it.