Pontins...is it going to be cold?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Oct 19, 2004.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

am wardrobe planning for pontins, and want to know what the weather is going to be like in north wales?! will it be cold as in jumpers and coats cold? or can i wear my skirt with my new boots (that i havent brought yet?!)

2. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Wear the skirt and new boots anyway.

3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

It's never warm at Pontins! Just pray the wind doesn't get up....... (yours or nature's... :))

4. jpbray

jpbray Member

That skirt is playing on your mind Dave

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Does it matter? They have heaters in the bars don't they?

6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

pontins is freezing... the heaters never work in the cheapo chalets..and if they do, u need about £5 electricity a day to heat water n ur room! take lots of jumpers and waterproofs.... and watch ur spikey heels in the mud! depending on how far ur chalet is from the bar determines ur outfit for the night, some chalets are a good 10mins walk to the main complex, and walkin in the rain with newly straightened hair and expensive suede boots is not the way forward! :D

7. No.... it will be cold as in ski suits and balaclava's cold.

I assume you are a pontins virgin, so I wont laugh at this thread !!

8. Sellers_Bird

if they're snow boots... yes.

9. Don't forget your granny thermal knickers either!!

10. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

mine are packed! hehe, along with my extra thick duvet cause they give you **** ones...even in the poshie chalets!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    kids
    insect repellent
    miserable time
    round
  12. *goes to ethel austin to invest in some super gran panties.... *

"made to block out that chill and chase the men away" :cool:

13. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

i also recomend taking a sleeping bag or duvet coz sometimes the beds there are damp!

14. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

but despite all the bad points in this thread.....it's a great weekend!!

15. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

yes it matters!!!!! Don't worry I'm thinking what clothes to take with me too!

16. stripybananas

stripybananas Member

<-------------is starting to wonder why i volunteered for this! Is there anything i shouldn't be taking? or do you recommend the kitchen sink too?

17. Sellers_Bird

layers and beer is all u need.... unless ur playing, in which case u need ur instrument aswell.

18. actually.... yes... cos the hot water takes about an hour to heat up... I'd also recommend ur own toaster, because last year ours blew up and we had no electricity. Also, don't forget to take screw driver, nails, curtain rails... necessities like that. The chalets always have something broken in them. Then there's the basket of supplies in the back of the car, for when you get stuck in traffic cos of the tree thats fallen down and blocked the whole road off that you reeeaaaally need to get home on, so come to think of it.... you could take an axe with you too. :dunno

19. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

yeah....don't take your swimming cossie, cause the pool has extra strong chlorine in it!!

20. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

no they have sinks, but if you are planning to cook the pans are a bit rubbish. trying to fry an egg for a greasy spoon breakfast is impossible they weld to the pan.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  21. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

dont 4get bog roll!!!!!! :shock:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    kids
    insect repellent
    miserable time
    round