Pontins Draw

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by imthemaddude, Oct 1, 2003.

1. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Can anyone tell me whether they've received the pre-draw for the 4th section yet?

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Announcement:

The Administrator and Moderators of the Mouthpiece.com feel that publishing your band's draw or proposed choice of test piece for a particular contest for public knowledge is not advisable and could lead to allegations of improper conduct being made.
    We would also suggest that you gain permission from your Band before doing so.

The Mouthpiece.com team

:wink:

3. bigcol

bigcol Member

That's you told Lynda!! :shock:

4. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

All Bands should now have been told where they are drawn.

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I fully support what Roger says here folks. We are preparing a 'Guideline/Policy Statement' on this type of posting activity which will be posted this evening for anyone who is interested.

6. euphemism

euphemism Member

it does seem odd tho that the draw has been made so far in advance - especially as it is closed adjudication

Logistics apart - this could undermine results - if the 'wrong band' win or lose.....

Ahem - back to adjudication again.....

7. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I only wanted to check that the draw was out, not for it to be published - all is sorted anyway thanks

8. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

the draw is made so early so that bands can know what time they are supposed to play, and hence what time they should set off.

9. stopher

stopher Member

Or leave the bar and stop drinking.

Maybe!

10. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

L-E-A-V-E ?? Leave??!?!?! :shock: :?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Draw
    Pontins
    anyone
    pre-draw
    section
  12. A J Foad

A J Foad Member

Euphemism wrote
    Personally, I would put that the other way 'round - It does seem odd that it is closed adjudication as the draw has already been made. I don't mean to start up the entire 'Open v Closed' debate, but I do think that pre-drawn contests should be adjudicated in the open.

To pick up on Euphemism's point rgarding the timing of the draw, it doesn't make any difference if the draw is made a day in advance, or six months - the only way the draw can be kept secret is for the adjudicator to be in the box when it is made - NOT that I'm suggesting that our respectable adjudicators would try to find out the draw in advance!