Pontins Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by critic, Aug 29, 2004.

1. critic

critic Member

As Anyone Heard If Any Band Has Pulled Out Of The Championship Section At Pontins.the Gossip Is That Thereare Two Withdrawn.
  2. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

No idea, it wasn't Haydock though.
  3. wasnt us at pennine either! :p
  4. jonford

jonford Member

Does anyone know if there is a full list of competing bands anywhere? I have'nt seen one yet
  5. Ali

Ali Member

It wont be released for a couple of weeks yet I dont think. I have heard that there were 3 bands pulled out. Dont suppose anyone knows when the Butlins bands willbe named?
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Totally off subject I appreciate, but did you by any chance use Word to compile your post before you copied it into the tMP screen?
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Woodfalls are still going
  8. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Unfortunately, Northop have had to withdraw. We've been offered a two-week stint performing a Welsh version of 'Brassed Off', and it just happens to be the two weeks before Pontins!!
  9. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

BT are still going.
  10. Suz

Suz Member

BTM are still going.

Hope everyone at Northop has fun doing the Brassed Off tour! We are playing for the performances in Caerphilly and Newport and have pulled out of the regional contest in Ammanford for the same reason.

As for Pontins, we have decided to stay in the chalets for the first time in a few years. Looking forward to the social side but not to the trudging across to main reception for electricity tokens when the meter runs out!!!!!!!

See you all there!
  11. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Shame we can't do it now. The band was really looking forward to it. My old band were involved in the Liverpool Everyman production last year, and they loved it. Plus we still get to work on Dances and Aria's for the finale.

Hopefully we'll still get invited back next year!!
  12. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's bad form to reply on another band's behalf, but, as I understand it, City of Oxford aren't going.