Pontins 2009 Test Pieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Columbo, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Columbo

Columbo Member

Does anyone know where I can obtain recordings of the 2009 Pontins Test Pieces, in particular Danceries and A Bournemouth Suite. Cheers.

2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

To my knowledge Ben's Bournemouth Suite has yet to be recorded. Danceries is on a Leyland CD issued by Polyphonic, but I can't remember what it's called. PM Brassneck, he's the guru of this sort of thing! ;)

3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

East Coast Pictures

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Oops! Only just got to this thread ... thanks for getting the reply in, Keith! The Hesketh suite is quite good and has overtones from the Renaissance style-wise!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Danceries is also featured on an album called Dancing With Winds (Chandos) by the Royal Northern College Wind Orchestra ... and you can listen to it on Spotify. Just search for Hesketh.

6. Columbo

Columbo Member

Downloaded! Great, and a different slant competely. I enjoyed this very much. Cheers Brassneck! :clap::clap:

7. KitCat

KitCat New Member

Hiya, this is my first post on here ( took 2 years to actually manage to post one though!)

Does anyone know where I can obtain a recording of the Pontins 2009 3rd section testpeice - A Gallimaufry Suite (?) please. I can't seem to find one anywhere!

Thanks in advance,
    Horrocks x

8. davel1975

davel1975 New Member

I'm sure there must be one as I believe it was used for the nationals a few years ago. Happy hunting and if you find one let me know where. We've been having a look at it for a few weeks and I quite like it. 3rd movement will sort out the average from the good bands.

9. Columbo

Columbo Member

I am trying to buy East Coast Pictures CD, Leyland Band, which features Danceries, but it appears to be very popular and sold out. Anyone Help me??

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  10. Eb master

Eb master Member

Can somebody confirm that it is the 23rd-26th of october i need to book off work for pontins?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins 2009
    Danceries
    Pontins Test Pieces
    Bournemouth Suite
    particular Danceries
  12. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

13. Eb master

Eb master Member

Ta :tup

14. Columbo

Columbo Member

I am trying to buy East Coast Pictures CD, Leyland Band, which features Danceries, but it appears to be very popular and sold out. Anyone Help me??

STILL TRYING. ANY IDEAS. TRIED EVERYWHERE SO FAR WITH NO JOY. I NEED A RECORDING OF DANCERIES. I'VE HEARD THE SPOTIFY ORCHESTRAL BUT IT DOES NOTHING FOR ME. HELP?

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

Anyone know who has recorded Gallimaufry Suite please. Also where to get it from? Cheers.

16. Columbo

Columbo Member

2 Things please.

Is there an Errata out for Gallimaufry Suite as I have a couple of queries?

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a recording of the piece? I have one, but I am looking for a professional copy, perhaps a winning performance or Championship section band playing it.

17. Tim Pritchard

Tim Pritchard Member

recording

I have sent you a PM