Pontins 2006

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by RJM06, Aug 14, 2006.

1. RJM06

RJM06 Member

Is anybody looking forward to the Pontins Band Festival this year? What are your test pieces like? The 4th Section test piece, FACETS OF GLASS, is all right (sounds like something from an horror movie.) lol. Its goin' to take some kicking ass to get it right though!!!
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

3. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I'm looking forward to Pontins this year as I'm not playing :D !!
    I'll be damaging my liver in a bar somewhere and supposedly "supporting" Vernon Poynton!!
    Anyone just coming for a laugh?:tup
  4. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

We (Flixton) will be there defending our title :biggrin: wahoooooooo Pontins. I cannot believe how quick the summer has gone already!
  5. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

keep me away from the traffic cones...

Those who saw what I wrote with the collection I accumilated will know what I mean..

6. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Keep me away from the bar! (well when it comes to buying that is)...I bought a round for several tmpers last year and spent about 40 quid....thats not happening again!
  7. leisa

leisa Active Member

yey am lookin forward to it!! especially the curry again!! i am told you have been plannin anoyther Costco trip!! can i come this time pleeeaaase?!

I am think Chocolate malibu again hehehe :clap:
  8. hells_baritone

hells_baritone New Member

pah....why does torquay contest have to be on the same day??!....:(
  9. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Indeed...I soooooooooo want to go to Pontins!! Oh well, there's still a slight possibility that I might be there......

10. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

Roggy Band will hopefully be there! See ya in the bar! £10 a pint...cant wait!
  11. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

There is a list of bands on Pontins website for each section
  12. Jay

Jay Member

I'm going :D :D first time I've done it lol I couldn't do it last year or the year before!!!

Ha I like doing stuff with the band cuz in the bar I get served cuz they assume I'm older like everyone else in the band ^_^ Lol my boyfriend had to like carry me back to the hotel at about 2am when I went to Bournemouth with the band at the end of July lol!!!! That night was so funny...
  13. Jay

Jay Member

Lol and the 1st section test piece is Music for the Common Man, I don't really like it...was sitting at band rehersal the other night thinking "I'm missing big brother for this??" lol!
  14. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

its alrite for some, a bouncer took me pint off me when i was there! i was well cheesed off! Pontins is a great place to play though, i am sure you will have a great time!
  15. Growler

Growler Member

Where did we find you?!?! Big brother is rubbish! I really wish we would practice it again, i've missed the rehersals that we've had it out! eeek, doesn't look too hard playing on my own, but all test pieces are like that! Oh dear...more practice is in order :)

Yay ridiculously expenisve beer! You have to fight your way past big, fat bass players too, we're all too tone deaf to bother with listenin to the otha bands!
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  16. Drewdan

Drewdan Member

its not tone deafness, its the fact we want to get drunk, to either celebrate or to drown the sorrows of losing, and generally have a great time!:p bring on the waterd down booze!
  17. leisa

leisa Active Member

oh...and main aim of the weekend....to get Rachel as drunk as she was at pontins last time i went. was it 2004 rach?? :biggrin:

So were sharin with rachel and chris ;) in Flixton's chalets yeye! not playin but goooooooo Flixton!!!!!! :clap:
  18. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

This statement makes me wonder wether Rachel is a closet alky...every time i see her she has a pint in her hand!
  19. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I seem to remember you in the bar right till the end last year Andrew.......but Rogerstone are not going this year boyo, you will have to go and play with the tMP Band instead mate!! I may be there though!!
  20. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

All these rumours flying around? I hope you will be buying me a drink at Pontins to test the theory Andy! Every year the quality (or lack of quality) of pontins beer is discussed! I shall be visting costco before the weekend I think! Hopefully this year I shall get to sample of my lovely home made curry before it is eaten by the beer fairies!!

Leisa, we could put up a tMP poster in our chalet again and see how many tmpers are brave enough to come in for a drink (leisa is very scary you know!)