PolySteel bolster ranks.

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by weenie, Dec 13, 2006.

1. weenie

weenie Member

The PolySteel Band are delighted to announce a raft of new signings to strengthen the band for their contest assault in 2007.

Jo Hirst and Jemma Evans have signed up from Burry Port Band on 2nd trombone and front row respectively. Jo is currently studying at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and fills the seat of long serving member Phil Harrison who left the band recently after 10 years service. The band would like to thank Andrew ‘Sid’ Norman and Justin Pavey for helping to cover the 2nd trombone chair over several months. Jemma is currently assistant principal cornet of the European Youth Brass Band and a member of the National Youth Brass Band of Wales.

Filling the 2nd baritone seat is Lyndon Fletcher, who joins from the Bristol Easton Salvation Army Band. He takes over from long standing member Roger Thompson who retired earlier this year.

Also, rejoining the band is Neil Britten on percussion who will be assisting an already strong line up in the ‘pots and pans’ department.

Another major signing for the band is Tom Devoran on principal Eb bass. Tom has joined after a spell at Buy As You View Band and replaces the departed Stewart Baglin who left to join Fodens Richardson in the summer. The band would like to thank Stewart for his dedication and commitment to the band.

Also joining the band are Janine and David Aston who were for many years a major part of Besses o’th’ Barn Band. Dave joins on 2nd horn filling the seat vacated by Alexandra Bowman who returns to Australia, whilst Janine on 4th man replaces Andrew Briggs who has left due to work commitments.

The band would like to wish all seven new players a happy and successful time in the band.
  2. Big Gav

Big Gav Member

Hope you manage to convince Tom to get a haircut!!!! We tried, but failed!!
  3. weenie

weenie Member

Well Gav as the ugly bloke used to say on TFI Friday, 'I've tried, but I've failed'!!
  4. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Good luck to Jo, Jemma and Tom...grudgingly... hope they all have as great a time with you at Polysteel as they did here at Burry Port (but not too much).
  5. jim

jim Member

As a player in the band I would like to welcome them to. You will be glad to know sarah that they have been sutally kitted out with Polo shirts/fleeses/ties/pens/pencils/ oo and a few beers im sure to come!
  6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Watch out for that Jo!! She's a nutter and drinks like a fish.
  7. persins

persins Member

Good luck to all the players joining Polysteel!
    I look forward to competing against you all!