PolySteel Band Radio Documentary

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by weenie, Sep 29, 2006.

1. weenie

weenie Member

This Sunday, October 1st, will see the PolySteel Band as the subject of a 1 hour documentary on BBC Radio Gloucestershire. Presented by Pete Wilson, the programme will give an in-depth look at how the band rose from the ashes of the Gloucestershire Hussars Brass Band, through various name changes, including the Flowers Band and up to the present day title of the PolySteel Band. It will include interviews with the bands musical director Philip Harper, Clive Austin, (PolySteel sales and marketing manager), plus interviews with some of the players that have contributed to the success of the band over the years.

If you are a fan of the band, it's surely a programme not to be missed!

You can hear it on BBC Radio Gloucestershire 104.7 FM, 95 & 95.8 FM or 1413 AM on Sunday, 1st October from 2.00pm - 3.00pm.
    Alternatively, if you do not live in the south west, you can listen live worldwide via the web at
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/local_radio/, using the 'listen live' feature.
  2. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Sounds interesting mate.

But i thought you were far too ugly for radio!!! :tongue:
  3. Podgypickle

Podgypickle Member

And I thought your voice was more suited to silent movies.

Can't wait to hear your Glawsterr tones on the airwave....maybe a career in media is calling!!!!!!!!

Congrats Weenie Jones Band archivist, principal triangulist, van driver and voice of the PolySteel Band
  4. weenie

weenie Member

Well I'm actually in the middle of striking up a deal with Chris Evans to co host his drive time show, as he likes a bit of brass music!
  5. weenie

weenie Member

Ah, the only thing thats ugly round here Gareth is that bass trombonist from the north east on that gateshead dvd. As soon as he appeared, my tv blew up!!! ;-)
  6. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Awhhhh it was all fuzzy when I tried to listen to it. And then on listen again it stopped half way through! :(:(:(
  7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Oh, I missed it :( Will it be on Listen Again?
  8. Di

Di Active Member

You can catch it on listen again, but it still goes all fuzzy. :(
  9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Maybe if we contact them to let them know it's gone wobbly, they will repost it so that it is clear? If they know that there are 6000 brass bands people wanting to listen to it... :biggrin: