PolySteel bag hot new signing

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by brass journo, Jul 24, 2006.

1. brass journo

brass journo Member

The PolySteel Band is pleased to announce the signing of one of the hottest new talents on tenor horn, Vicki Reynolds.
    Vicki, aged 16, is currently solo horn player with the National Youth Brass Band of Great Britain and achieved success at the age of 14 when she became the youngest ever finalist in the BBC Radio 2 Young Brass Soloist, gaining the opportunity to play with Black Dyke.
    Vicki has helped the band out on the contest platform at both the English National Championships and the All-England International Masters but has now accepted the position of solo horn on a permanent basis.
    Vicki commented: ‘Playing with a band of the calibre of PolySteel is going to be a great experience for me. I really enjoy playing with the band and the social atmosphere as well. It's really amazing to have been offered the position and I hope I can achieve my next ambition with the band which is to play at the Royal Albert Hall.’
    Commenting on the coup signing, the band’s musical director, Philip Harper said: ‘I'm very happy that our long and difficult search for a solo horn player has finally been resolved, and I'm delighted that Vicki, who has done such a fabulous job as a guest player with the band, has been appointed. She is a tremendous talent and has an excellent temperament and I hope this will be the start of great things.’
    Vicki joins the band in time for the Wychavon Entertainment Contest in September and a busy end to the year.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Well done Vicki - just have to make sure there are plenty of plugs for tMP ;)

One question, though - does this mean we've seen the last of the shower cap ?
  3. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

WD Vic =) Great band and alot of great people in there. Hope it goes great for u hon.
  4. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Wheey! :biggrin: Thanks! I can't wait to get properly started with the band, and I'm really enjoying it already and HAVE already enjoyed times at contests with them and stuff!

And no.. It's not the end of the shower cap.. I had a deal with Hathern that I keep one in my pocket if they keep one in theirs!! And.. They're all stuck up on my Hathern Band wall of fame in my room!

If anyone from Hathern reads this pass it on.. "Thanks for all the great times I had with the band.. I have a HUGE tribute to hathern on my bedroom wall and my wardrobe, and I'm very proud of the band, and best of luck in the future, keep working hard like I know you do, and you'll get all the success you deserve :)"

5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I want to add heaps of congratulations on your new position and band, Vickie! You deserve it and oh yes, I can see Polysteel kitted out in showercaps for the next major they compete in! :woo
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Well done miss torious! you certainly desrve it with all the hard work youve done.
    best of luck for the future.
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

What did I say to you several years ago Vic...?

You really do deserve this, well done to you. Congrats.

TIMBONE Active Member

Congratulations Vicky, from Julie and myself.
  9. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

It was obvious when you played your solo at Hadleigh that you are a great player with a great future in front of you.

Congratulations Vicky, and well-deserved.

10. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Yaaay!!! Well done Vicki!! What will it be next?? Best soloist at the Nationals?! Probably! :tongue: Good luck and have a great time x
  11. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

Congrats, Vicks, now that your secret is out! :)
    As I told you a few weeks ago- really pleased for you!

DH x
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Yeah, but.......... how far will Mumsie's Taxi have to drive twice a week from now on in then?:dunno
  13. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I hope Mumsie has a diesel! :eek: Failing that, Vicki had better hurry up and turn 17 quickly so that she can learn to drive and take herself :tongue: :biggrin:
  14. Di

Di Active Member

Mumsie's little taxi does a 200 mile round trip per rehearsal, but its done the journey a good few times now. I can almost sit back and put it in auto mode and let it do it itself. ;)

And nope, its not diesel, just ordinary unleaded petrol I'm afraid.

But noooooooo, I don't think I'd be letting Vic drive up and down there on her own, 17 or not! :wink:
  15. jim

jim Member

Haya vickster dead proud of you!!

16. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

One very dedicated MUM :tup

Vicki, congratulations :clap:

ps. I hope you remember all the times your mum drove you around when she needs pushing in her wheelchair! :biggrin:
  17. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I'll buy her an electronic one and she can drive herself round.. :wink::tongue:
  18. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

WOW Vicki - so when did all this happen ;)

A public congrats to you :clap:
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Been there, done that :eek: and I think I'll take her up on the offer of an electric one thank you! :mad:

Imagine the scene ... Mumsie in wheelchair (following operation) ... shopping centre ... concrete ramps from one level to another ... Vicki in charge ... "I wonder what happens if I go 'look mummy, no hands' ..."

Lets just say that I very nearly ended up sat on Santa's knee in his grotto at the bottom of the slope! :frown:
  20. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Congrats Vics :clap:

& look.... here's Di's next car!! ;)