Poll: Should Pardew remain at West Ham?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Will the Sec, Apr 12, 2004.

Should Pardew remain at West Ham?

1. Yes

2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

You'll see from my signature that Ive not been impressed by the man, and I never thought he should have been appointed.

1 point from 6 at Easter? Poor.
  2. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

All I can say is that he seems to managing West Ham the way he played when he was at Crystal Palace :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hmmm - and, oh, what was the score today :?: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  3. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Personally, I was quite happy with Harry - Roeder was the wrong man for the job and I haven't yet seen anything from Pardew that endears me to the man. We were playing much better football during Lord Brooking's short tenure.
    Saturday was a joke - by the look of it, today wasn't much better - although looking at the number of cards and the reasons for them, the Ref seemed to have a lot of input!

Will - catch you in the Central for a beer one match day?
  4. Will the Sec

Look, 'Ackett.

Don't start, right?

Especially as you lot got the bloke I'd have picked.

At least we'll win the all London Whinging Competition this year...
  5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

He just knew who the better team was, that's all.

You can keep AP and keep your hands off ID.

He's ours to keep - but I wouldn't bet on us getting in to the play offs - that's too scary.

Anyway - it was 1-0 to Palace today - wasn't it? :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
  6. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I think you should keep him. He, and Ipswich of course, are the funniest thing I have seen this season :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
  7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Nice one Kev. If Mr Pardew wanted all those Wimbledon players why didnt he go and manage them in the first place. It takes a lot of intelligence to buy players from the club who are bottom of the league and expect them to gain you promotion!

I have nothing against West Ham, but I do feel they mistreated Roeder and panicked into bringing in Pardew. But keep him there its giving us all a laugh!

As for Mr Joe 'we are the best fotball team in the division' Royle he is given a temporary reprieve after the Bin men getting a result against Sunderland.
  8. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

They should have bent over backwards to keep Brooking. Going back to Pardew, some managers work better at particular clubs and can't always transfer that success when they move (Vialli at Watford, Graham at Leeds and Spurs, Keegan anywhere apart from Newcastle etc. etc) and the same seems to be happening with Pardew who was doing well with Reading.
  9. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

Give the guy a chance.
    West Ham do not have a divine right to be in the Premiership and when a 'team' is relegated, then sells all of their best players what do you expect but a settling in time.

The problem is that Premier players expect big salaries and when the team gets relegated they are off. The manager then has to gamble on players getting too old for the premier league and/or youngsters on the way up( example Brian Deane and Nigel Reo-Coker). If they get promoted, the board then have to decide whether to invest in big money players again or hope that the players that got them promoted are good enough to keep them up.
  10. Will the Sec

Why? What I objected to in the first place was the lack of investment ina striker last season, when one more win in the face of several "murdered 'em otherwise"draws would have seen us safe.

What I object to this year is that not one fan I spoke to wanted Parddew in the first place. Wets Ham fans tend to be unstintingly loyal and optimistic, but not one rated Pardew. And look at his record at West Ham. His training and coaching methods are surely flawed.

I never said they did. I only asked if people felt Pardew should stay.

From the local rag, "At the start of the season (said the editor) I said have faith. Now I say shed a tear for the Hammers and their supporters." To which a wag at Rathbone Market said, "I've been supporting the *&^%ers for 50 years and my b*&%$y tear ducts are worn out."
  11. andywooler

At least the guy in Iraq didn't have to watch us whilst he was captive!
  12. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

When the Happy Hammers came to Carrow Road to a man all the stewards who worked in the away section said the same. They could not believe the arrogance and atittude of the supporters who believed that their club was too good for the 1st Division and rightly belonged in the Premiership.

Now it is being proved they are not too good for division 1 the manager takes the wrap.

I agree his signings have not yet proved their worth, but it may take time.

If its any consolation to you, they were probably the best side to come to Carrow Road this season.

All I will say is that 2 years ago and up until October this season Nigel Worthington was not the most popular choice as manager at Norwich, suddenly an inspired signing and he is wonderful!

If the Hammers were 2 points clear at the top with a handful of games left would the fans feel quite the same?
  13. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

He can't be as unwanted as Joe 'we are the best footballing team ever' Royle.
  14. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

The only thing that I'd add to this is the disgraceful way that Pardew slated Thomas Repcar(sp?) the other day. Never have I heard a manager or coach, publicly humiliating one of their own players to this extent.

It's true that the guy is pathetic, his performances substandard, value for money non-existant, but surely these opinions - if shared by his gaffer - should be contained to the training ground and dressing room?
  15. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Did you not hear how Dave Beasant, when he was playing for Chelsea, after he had a stinker against Norwich, was practically sacked by his manager, (Ian Portefield :?: ) publicly over the airwaves?
  16. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Being comparitvely tender of years, "Never have I heard a manager or coach..." :wink:
  17. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

I disagree about George Graham - at the time he walked out on us, we were beginning to be a bit of a force and showed real signs we were becoming like 'his' Arsenal. That's why there was so much uproar when he left because Leeds fans wondered why he walked out on us to go to Spurs, who were still in Christian Gross mode!

As for Pardew, I do feel for him in a way. West Ham supporters and the media seem so preoccupied with the style of football they produce rather than the results they achieve. I always hear things like 'West Ham are traditionally a good footballing side' and 'they play football the right way'. In reality though, how much success have they achieved with this brand of football? It makes them popular every ten games when they turn on the style and stuff someone, but they still don't achieve anything. For all the Di Canios, Coles, Carricks, Defoes and Kanoutes playing nice footy under Brooking, they still went down.

If I was a West Ham fan, I would be happier being a 'boring boring George Graham Arsenal' or '1-0 West Brom' than a 'Happy Hammers' who traditionally play pretty but ultimately unsuccessful football.
  18. Will the Sec

The only thing that amazes me about Pardew slating Repka is that there was a need in the first place. Repka is brilliant for half a game, every fourth game. In the other three and a half, he'll get booked twice if not sent off, and give away goals. They should have sold him two managers ago, or better still not bought him in the first place.
  19. andywooler

20. Will the Sec

Nah, blame Brown.

If he'd given Roader a few quid for a striker, one striker who could win one more in the premiership, we'd still be up there.

Pardew out, but Brown not far behind him.