Poles Apart

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Kerwintootle, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Press Release – 28th November 2005

Riki & Alex – Poles Apart

Riki McDonnell and Alexandra Kerwin are proud to announce a new CD collaboration entitled ‘Poles Apart’. The CD, which will be recorded in March 2006, will feature Riki on euphonium and Alexandra on cornet performing solos and duets accompanied by a specially selected NZ All Stars Brass Band. Howard Taylor who recently won the Australian National Championships with Brisbane Excelsior will conduct the All Star band.

Keith Farrington and Simon Kerwin will produce the CD. ‘Alex said, it is an honour to record with such a fine player as Riki, I have admired his musicianship and sheer enthusiasm for many years.’

Simon Kerwin, who was recently commended by the New Zealand Brass Band Association for his outstanding work with the National Secondary Schools Brass Band of New Zealand, will pen the title track, ‘Poles Apart’.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Alex
    Riki
    Poles
    Poles Apart
    Press Release
  3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Nice one Alex! Any decisions on music content yet?

4. Steve

Steve Active Member

I hope Riki said likewise :D, I look forward to its release.

5. mr jinx

mr jinx New Member

Talk about self promotion. think i'm going to throw up.

6. Steve

Steve Active Member

I hope thats a joke, or is it a lesson in making freinds and influencing people?

The topic being "User submitted news" implies this self promotion is more than welcome.

7. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I too hope this was not a serious comment but you can't really read it any other way can you?

I join Steve in offering my encouragement and look forward to hearing the end result.

There's a very nice Cornet/Euphonium duet published by the SA called I'll Not Turn Back written by Ivor Bosanko. If you're looking for some material you might want to check that out Alex.

Also I can't help but wonder if Lady Sang The Blues will make this recording ;)

8. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Hi John,

I recorded 'Ill not Turn Back' with David Childs on the Kerwin Sound CD. We've maybe sourced another Bosanko duet but will see if we can get our hands on it. We're still organising the programme but I would like to maybe look at some mentioned on the 'Solo due for a comeback' thread. Lady Sang the Blues is on the cards.

Thanks

AK

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Don't care who you are, that is an uncalled for remark that adds no value to the post at all. Please refrain from these type of comments.

10. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I should have remembered that and checked my index; now where's that little embarrassed emoticon when I need it ;)

11. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

And very nice it was too;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Alex
    Riki
    Poles
    Poles Apart
    Press Release