Point of Ayr return

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by hughess, Dec 7, 2007.

1. hughess

hughess Member

Nearly up to full strength now, But still need Solo Horn player, still not sure which section we will be in ,but commited to moving forward. give us a ring on 07729810342 (dave) or 07877827765 (fred).

2. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Even worse

3. hughess

hughess Member

Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried At All.

Remember If you dont try you fail anyway

4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

All right, all flippin' RIGHT!!!....call off the dogs, I give up!!!!

Such are the qualities and determination of the core guys at Point, not to mention the great memories from longer than a decade ago, that after 6yrs of (rather enjoyable) hornlessness, I'm back blowing again.

Maybe you have to trek through a desert to fully appreciate grass.

After last night's rehearsal though, I did feel like I'd been smashed in the face with a bat....

Apologies for missing pretty much EVERY key change. Don't have to worry them on drum kit parts!!

5. multi tasking solo horn

:biggrin: thoroughly enjoyed band last night, nice to see a complete horn section! if your missing some perc playing alex you can put the timp part in with your non valve hand if you want?:clap: just an idea........ great to see andy dale too. roll on the areas.......drink, drink and more drink

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Heard what your grading is yet?

Well done for getting the band going again, best of luck with it. :clap:

7. Its very good news to here that the band are returning all the best for the future!

8. hughess

hughess Member

Point of Ayr Colliery Graded

The newly reformed Point of Ayr Colliery Band has been graded in the second section.
    We are now flat out rebuilding the band and preparing for the Welsh Area in Swansea.
    Still short of quality front row player, ring on 07877827765 if your interested, not a very busy band but very committed.

Point of Ayr Colliery Band Management Team.

9. Bethan

Bethan New Member

Well done to you all at Point of Ayr - Just heard you won the second section in Harrogate at the weekend. A great weekend for North Wales bands!

10. weenie

weenie Member

A huge well done to all at Point. Just shows what can be done with a lot of hard work and determination!!

11. Awsum result! well done! good to see the band winning again!! Well done to Kieth, fanatastic player :tup

12. hughess

hughess Member

Thanks for all kind words