Pocket Trumpets

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by rutty, Nov 29, 2004.

1. rutty

rutty Active Member

I'm thinking about getting myself one of those pocket trumpet thingys for my trip to Canada. I'd like to take something small with me so that I can practise while I'm away - it doesn't need to be of fantastic quality, just a playable, small instrument that I can annoy my sister and her husband with while I'm staying with them.

I'm just about to buy a Serengetti pocket trumpet from eBay (~£100), I just wondered if anyone had any experience with these instruments? I can always send it back if it's rubbish, and I'm not expecting anything playable in band, plus I don't want to fork out £250+ for a Jupitor.

Any good, or avoid? :)
  2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hi dave, I have a pocket trumpet you can borrow if you like!

cheers shaz
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Dave... do a search on here as I remember seeing a thread about smoe pocket trumpets someone (Brassneck I think) saw on e-bay for around £80 which were very good. Am just going into a meeting, don't have time to search for ya...
  4. rutty

rutty Active Member

Thanks Shaz! I have a bid in at the moment on one - if I lose out I'd be most greatful if I could take that with me.

I'll have a search John - they look very funky :)
  5. rutty

rutty Active Member

Won the auction :D

Stagg Pocket Trumpet

£72 + £8 postage. It's a bit of a gamble having not played it myself but I could always auction it off myself later once I've been to Canada if I don't like it. w00t!!!