Plumbers in Manchester?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Thornton, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Dave Thornton

Dave Thornton Member

Can anyone recommend a good quality and reliable plumber in the Manchester area? I need a new shower fitting and don't want to be ripped off!!!!

2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I can't recommend any plumbers for that area, but if its a case of simply changing your old one for a new one it's quite an easy job, which you could probably undertake yourself.

Here's a few tips to get you started:

http://www.diynot.com/pages/pl/pl058.php

;)

3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Hi David,

It is very easy to get ripped off by some tradesmen. Last week, Simon's mum (who is in her seventies) was caught by one. He installed a new shower, which took him a couple of days. He then scarpered and said they needed to call an electrician. The electrician came round and said that if she had got in the shower she would have been killed!

This story doesn't help you though. Your best bet is to ask your neighbours, word of mouth recommendations are how most tradesmen keep working (my dad is a painter)

http://www.whotouse.co.uk/plumbers-ManchesterCentral.html

These have been recommended by previous customers.

Good luck,

Alex

4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

We had a similar problem last year. I took our old shower head into a store to show them what it looked like and they sold me an appropriate replacement head. Putting it on was quite easy.

5. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hi, as a self employed plpumber of 600 million years, not all plumbers are cowboys, Try getting a plumber who is registered at the "Institute of Plumbing" they have good standards to keep and they have served a good apprenticeship, Now where did i Leave my horse!!!:hammer If i did not have to work, i could practice all day, and still not be perfect!!!

As a point of note Brian Taylor(yes that one) once asked me to put in a bathroom,in Manchester, but i could not get back for band practice. Good Luck with your search.

Sop 1st section midlands

6. What area of manchester?

7. Dave Thornton

Dave Thornton Member

Hulme - have you any recommendations?

8. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

My grandad, is a professional plumber, with his own business based in sale (if im not mistaken 10 mins down the road from hulme)

i'll ring him later to check, but if your interested pm me or reply to this message!

kell xx