Please read this it is important information

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by chrisjohnston, Sep 2, 2010.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

IT CAME FROM THE CRIME PREVENTION OFFICER OF THE ESSEX CONSTABULARY - BE CAREFUL AND BE SAFE !!!!

Sad, especially if you are inclined to 'help' people...
    While driving on a rural end of the roadway on Thursday morning, I saw an infant carseat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. But when I got to my destination, I called the Police and they were going to check it out. But, this is what the Police advised even before they went out there to check....

"There are several things to be aware of ... Gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women)to stop their vehicle and get out of the car.

"There is a gang initiation reported by the local Police Department where gangs are placing a carseat by the road...with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check on the abandoned baby.
    "Note that the location of this carseat is usually beside a wooded or grassy (field) area and the person -- woman -- will be dragged into the woods, beaten and raped, and usually left for dead. If it's a man, they're usually beaten and robbed and maybe left for dead, too.
    DO NOT STOP FOR ANY REASON!!!
    DIAL 9-9-9
    AND REPORT WHAT YOU SAW, BUT DON'T EVEN SLOW DOWN.

"IF YOU ARE DRIVING AT NIGHT AND EGGS ARE THROWN AT YOUR WINDSHIELD, DO NOT STOP TO CHECK THE CAR, DO NOT OPERATE THE WIPER AND DO NOT SPRAY ANY WATER BECAUSE EGGS MIXED WITH WATER BECOME MILKY AND BLOCK YOUR VISION UP TO 92.5%, AND YOU ARE THEN FORCED TO STOP BESIDE THE ROAD AND BECOME A VICTIM OF THESE CRIMINALS.

THIS IS A NEW TECHNIQUE USED BY GANGS, SO PLEASE INFO RM YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES.

THESE ARE DESPERATE TIMES AND THESE ARE UNSAVORY INDIVIDUALS WHO WILL TAKE DESPERATE MEASURES TO GET WHAT THEY WANT."

Please talk to your loved ones about this. This is a new tactic used. Please be safe.
    Get started NOW -- SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND LOVED ONES TO BE CAREFUL AND AWARE OF EVERYTHING AROUND THEM SO AS NOT TO BECOME A VICTIM

2. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

3. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

A work colleague passed this to me so I Thought it was a good idea to put it up on here.
    Better safe than sorry.

4. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

It took less than a minute to check, and (hopefully) nip yet another moronic email 'panic' before it causes unnecessary concern to people.

Didn't you think it was a bit OTT and unlikely? And why didn't you say it was passed on to you - it appears to be your personal experience?

5. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

no worries, ignore this if you wish, its your choice.
    I did not intend to make anyone panic.
    Just information given to me.

6. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

I have a policy of checking these sort of warnings with a quick Google search BEFORE passing them on. It's similar to the regular "latest virus warning from Microsoft/IBM/McAfee/Norton" kind of message that crops up regularly. A telltale sign is usually the line "send this message to ALL of your friends urgently" or something similar. People pass them on with often the best intentions, but bearing in mind the level of spam that afflicts my inbox on a daily basis I like to check before passing on more of it.

7. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

My tip: Drive a 12-year-old Mazda with one broken headlight (and 115K on the clock). I promise nobody will try to rob you in a car worth £100 ;)

8. worzel

worzel Member

Well you never know, so better safe than sorry. That's why I pray to three different monotheistic Gods 15 times a day, read the daily mail, and where a tin foil hat.

9. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

But you will get nicked for having a broken headlight ;)

10. Kjata

Kjata Member

Doesn't a tin foil hat give you cancer? You should know that if you read the daily mail?! ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Police Department
    ESSEX CONSTABULARY
    Gangs
    person
    FRIENDS
  12. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

13. Kjata

Kjata Member

14. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Still amuses me now! :D

15. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I wonder if...since this rumour has been listed as "false," gang members will now use it to lure unsuspecting subjects?

Or am I thinking too much?

16. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

I doubt it.... they're already pretty successful

most likely ;)

17. worzel

worzel Member

H,yeah, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's also a miracle cure for cancer in another issue.

18. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Chris - your name rang a bell and my memory served me right (though I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong)...

I can't usually be bothered looking up someone's posting history, and no-one can say this is a typical response for me, but looking at yours there are a few rather 'scary' posts.
    I'm sure you're not a doom and gloom monger but, by george, you must like putting the wind up people... :rolleyes:

19. themusicalrentboy

what've I done?!

20. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Not you silly...! LOL :biggrin:

21. themusicalrentboy

OH!

ha... whoops

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one