Please note: clarification re. posting Guest/Dep requirements

Discussion in 'Deputies Wanted' started by dyl, Jan 24, 2008.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

We have had a number of threads posted recently in this category for positions vacant for the forthcoming Area contests. As most of you are aware no 'deps' are allowed for these contests - all those playing must be registered with the relevant band. All requests for players that involve that player signing for your band must be posted within your band's current thread in the Recruitment Corner of tMP. If your band doesn't have a thread in there, then feel free to start one.

From now on, we will not be moving or merging any more such threads that are posted in this category - they will be deleted on sight.

Thanks for your co-operation.

2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I have a minor problem with this. I understand where you're coming from, but consider my current predicament. Your Recruitment thread specifies it is for "Adverts for permanent players". Problem is I don't have a "permanent" vacancy; I have a permanent, long-term incumbent in the chair, but he/she can't do the qualifiers this year. Therefore, I need a "dep". I fully understand the necessity for registration, but at the same time, I can't "recruit", because I have no permanant vacancy.

Where should I post?

3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, having thought about it I still think you should post in Recruitment Corner. Maybe our explanation of the board would be better if we said 'registered' players, rather than 'permanent', but then again that excludes the many non-registered bands posting recruitment ads here...

The Deps Corner board is for more of an ad hoc situation, where no commitment other than playing for the gig in question is required.

I hope this makes some sort of sense.

4. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

... which is precisely what I need on this occasion!

Sorry, I'm not trying to be deliberately difficult ... I just don't want to give the incorrect impression that a permanant position might be forthcoming, when it won't.

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Well I guess the answer is to make that very clear in your post.

Rebel Tuba likes this.