Please consider signing my Downing Street e-petition.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Robin Norman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

Dear All,

My apologies for invading your TMp space but something has been bothering me for a while; mainly the number of high caffeine energy drinks I see youngsters consume on a daily basis. What amazes me is that there are no age-ratings on these drinks, many of which contain extremely high (and potentially dangerous) levels of caffeine and some youngsters are having between 3 and 5 cans a day. The big supermarkets don't seem bothered either, often having such drinks 'on offer' and cheaper prices than a bottle of coke.

It has bothered me enough to start a Downing Street e-petition about putting an age rating onto these drinks and I would be grateful if you would consider signing it if you agree with me. You can find the petition at http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40164.

If you don't agree don't worry, I won't be offended but please, if you feel you are able, pass this onto your friends and e-mail contacts as well - I need a few thousand signatures and then it will be looked at seriously. Your one signature will help me start out on this journey.

Thanks a lot in advance

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Downing Street
    FONT
    arial
    youngsters
    friends
  3. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

I used to work in a CCU and used to take regular calls from a+e with kids off their faces, having dangerous arrythmia and palpitations and more recently energy drinks were as often involved as drugs because of their easy accessibility. Not just under 18s but freshers week with all the clubs running drink deals was always a complete nightmare.

4. Alisop

Alisop Member

Signed and shared on fb! Good look.

5. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

6. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Signed as well. I used to hate the kids having these in school. I get hyper off lucozade, I couldn't imagine what I'd be like of these things.

7. Fat_Bari

Fat_Bari Member

Now signed,I know a guy in his 30's that has problems due to these drinks.