Please can you feedback on the new tMP Newsletter... :)

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 16, 2006.

Feedback on the new tMP Newsletter

1. Did you receive yours - YES/NO

42 vote(s)
  2. Design and Layout: was this OK - YES/NO

43 vote(s)
  3. Content: relevant and appropriate - YES/NO

41 vote(s)
  4. Are you happy to receive it - YES/NO

41 vote(s)
  5. Would you want to contribute - YES/NO

16 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All,

Well, by now... those with valid email addreses should have received the 1st tMP Newsletter (also available online via that link) which if you haven't seen it, is sitting patiently in your email Inboxes. I'd very much like to get some feedback on this if I may, and as such can I trouble you to answer a few questions in this poll for me please.

Note: to make sure I can ask several questions within a single poll, I have made the poll a multi-choice one - and so this will only work with your cooperation.

A tick = Yes, No tick = No

Many thanks.
  2. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Nope, nothing received here.
  3. TheMusicMan

I just sent a PM and email to you to check if your email bounced back to me, and it didn't. So, can I suggest check your SPAM folder...:)
  4. gemmagould

gemmagould New Member

Not received one.

EDIT...Thanks Music Man...Have received mine now!:p
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I got mine, looks very good.
  6. TheMusicMan

@ Rapier and @ Gemma

The resons you didn't receive the newsletter is that you had Accept emails from Administrator set to 'no' in your UserCP. I set this to yes and resent. Can you please confirm you received it... thanks.
  7. bcbeuph

bcbeuph Member

Haven't received newsletter yet
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

You resent the fact they had "no" selected? That's a bit harsh isn't it? :rolleyes:
  9. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but I wasn't aware of the existence of a newsletter until viewing this thread. Can you send me one please before the corn-flies completely eat my screen?
  10. TheMusicMan

I assumed that as they replied here saying they hadn't received one, that they'd want to receive one.;)

EDIT: just re-read your message Crawf.... hahahahah, I get it now!

@Bass trumpet: on its way...
  11. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

got mine,just forgot to reply
  12. TheMusicMan

Any comments on it please? I love to get feedback - either way, as long as it is constructive. Please let me know what you thought.
  13. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Great idea. All the information you might need at one glance without having to rummage around! ;) Updates, etc. :tup
  14. TheMusicMan

Ok, thanks Sue. Any comments you might have thatI could use to improve it?
  15. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

No, not received one.
  16. TheMusicMan

Sent now Dave. Can you cofirm you received this please... thanks.
  17. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Yes John, just received your newsletter, many thanks.

Looked at the newsletter, all looks very good to me.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  18. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Yep, looked great.
  19. starperformer

starperformer Member

the newsletter contains information that is all readily available on the site, and has been, in some cases, for ages. in other words, this is a 'newsletter' without 'news'. it is also a lot more style-rich than other tMP email correspondence, with resulting knock-on effects for those of us who do not have the fastest email links.
    is the intention to extend this to contain new content (in which case, will a copy be made available in an obvious place on the site), or will it always just be a reflection of what has been put on the site in the last few weeks/months (in which case, why not send a smaller email reminding people to visit?)?
  20. TheMusicMan

Thanks for the feedback.

It certainly does, and I can't ever see it containing information that wouldn't appear on the site either. Given that this was the first 'Newsletter' type communication I have sent out, it was always - though not explicitly - in the main, going to be a 'reminder to visit and post' type communication and not an all-informative, detailed coverage of everything that has appeared on the site over the last few months. Some of the items I mentioned I felt would be of interest to most of the people who visit us, and I didn't take into account that the info might have been several weeks / months old - I didn't see that as relevant given that this was the first newsletter - people might wish to be notified of these items had they not seen them on their previous visits.

A copy is available on the site and the link to this is the very first line of the newsletter, so if people don't wish to download the images etc, they can simply click on the very first link they see and will be taken to the online version (allbeit without the coded username and details that are included in the mailed version - am still working on that!). As soon as there are more versions, I will make them all available via easy navigation on the site, but to create a link to a newsletter section just now is simply not worth it for just the one item.

Sending an email only reminding people to vist isn't what I wanted and is why I included some intersting content. I feel that sending an email containing simply a line asking people to visit - provides no carrot with which to entice anyone who may not have visited or posted for any length of time to come back. The text of the newsletter is viewable and readable without having to download any of the images, and in fact most email clients would ask people if they wanted to do this - I know Outlook and gMail do this. Also, eMail doesn't have to be downloaded fast to be able to read it. Simply send/receive, wait, then read.

Hope that explains a few of my choices.