Playing position required. (West Mids area).

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by marksmith, Oct 3, 2012.

1. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

Looking for a band in the West Midlands area.
    Experienced Euph/Bari player.
    Section not important.
    Slightly rusty but easily polished!
  2. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

Mark, how about Coventry Festival Band. We're no contesting, but have a good program of jobs and a vacancy on 1st Bari, playing without the pressure of contests might just be what you're looking for. If you're interested pm me our give our secretary Liz a call on 024 76713763, check out our website or drop us an email
  3. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I really appreciate the offer but contesting is still a driving force in me.
    I was a member of the Festival Band back in 74/75, under Bernard Northwood and Dick Arrand, making some good friends and having many happy memories.
    Once again, thank you and good luck with your search.
  4. Baritonedeaf

Baritonedeaf Member

Langley need a 2nd Baritone player, we rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays, 2 minutes from J3 of the M5 in Oldbury.
  5. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

6. Smid

Smid Member

Hi Mark

I was just wondering if you had found a band yet?

I ask as we may need cover on 2nd Euph through to and including the regionals including the Northern Open, Butlins, Yeovil as well as concerts.

So in the first instance might you be interested?

Darrin Smith
  7. Nick Wilson

Nick Wilson Member

Hi Mark,

Brackley & District Band would be extremely keen to hear from you if you have not already got settled with a band. I realise that it may depend on where exactly you are based however our condutor makes the trip down from Coventry. We are a first section band and rehearse on Mondays and Fridays at our own Band Club in Brackley, Northants. Please see our website and PM me if you would like to come and have a blow with us.

Nick Wilson