Player Transfer Welsh to English registry

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by bestsection, Jan 22, 2012.

  1. bestsection

    bestsection Member

    We are looking to signa new player for the areas, currently registered with a Welsh registrtaion card. Does any one know if this is dealt with as a transfer to the English registry or would it be treated as a new registration?
  2. cat woman

    cat woman New Member

    If you look on the British Brass Band Registry website you will see the following:

    a) In order to transfer a player between Registries, the band Secretary of the receiving band shall send to the new Registry the following; all documents detailed in Appendix II 2a and 2b);
    b) Providing neither Registry has any objection to the application, a new registration card will be issued by the new Registry and the original card shall be returned to the original Registry, where the registration and card will be cancelled on the effective date of transfer.
    c) The transfer shall become effective FOUR WEEKS from the date of receipt by the new Registry of the duly completed official documents as detailed in Appendix II 2b).
    d) Until the effective date the player shall remain a contesting member of the releasing band.
  3. Accidental

    Accidental Supporting Member

    West Sussex
    You have to do a transfer form and a new registration form because the English registry will have to issue a new card.
    The alternative is to get the Welsh band to cancel their card and then just do a new registration.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice