Player News from the Kippax Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by andyfake, Feb 23, 2007.

1. andyfake

andyfake Member

Last weekend's win at the NEMBBA contest saw an official debut for Dave Flatman, our new Bass Trombone player. Dave has come in to allow Keith Fairburn to concentrate on his duties as secretary - although he'll be keeping "in practise" for emergencies. Not playing at Derby but now with us on a permanent basis is percussionist Neil Graham, who was part of the excellent percussion team at Skegness in January. We'll hopefully have photo's and biographies on the website shortly.
    Going the other way are 1st Horn Suzanne Fake, who will be taking a maternity break after the Area, but who hopes to be back by the end of summer, and Repiano cornet player Dave Jackson, who will be stepping down in March, due to family commitments. This gives a rare opportunity for someone to join our highly successful cornet team - see "Recruitment Corner" or the website for details.
  2. andyfake

andyfake Member

Update - it looks like Dave's staying :). Let's hope his eating habits improve, I was looking forward to someone a little more fragrant next to me.:redface:
  3. flugelman

flugelman Member

Thanks very much mate!!! I've got a festering kebab and several pickled onions just waiting for saturday night. I will unleash them on the bus to Tameside on sunday!
  4. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

I'll be sitting up front as usual then with the blowers on full blast (not the back row).

Glad you've seen sense though Dave
  5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Like Steve perhaps ?
    - Wilkie
    PS - Yes I'm glad your staying David.
    You're one of our fondest characters and would be sadly missed even if you are a semi Geordie !!
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it would be an honour to sit next to the illustious Mr Fake!!!!!

Steve Butler
    Eb Bass/bingo ticket seller - the Kippax band, Pontins champions (2nd section), Nationa finalists 2007
    Solo Eb bass - Yorks Imps whit marches 1918
    2nd Eb bass Knaresborough band 1922
    Best bass soloist Malton - errr no forget that one
    Member of best bass section, kippax band club t'other Sunday
    Runner up (to A Fake) annual modesty prize Kippis 2007
  7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Hang on Mate - That's impossible, I was away in Wales and missed the gig.
    Or is that a gentle hint that my days are numbered ?
    A fretting and concerned,
    - Wilkie
    Winner :-
    Slow Melody Bass Special :-
    Spenborough 1964
    Thorne 1964
    Langwith 1965
    Cresswell 1965
    Whitwell 1966
    Halifax 1966
    Principal Bass :-
    Harehills School Band
    Leeds Schools Band
    Yorkshire Schools Band
    National Youth Brass Band
    Leeds Model Band
    Yorkshire Imps Band
    2nd Eb Bass B&R (Very short spell)
    2nd Eb Bass Black Dyke (Even shorter !)
    Leeds Music Centre Symphony Orchestra
    Leeds Music Centre Wind Band
    Willi Schneider Oompah Show
    Sheps Banjo Boys (Temporary)
    Depped For :-
    Loads !

All true - but inconsequential, as my happiest times are 10 years as 2nd Eb Bass to Steve Butler at Kippax Band !!
  8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Does Dave Flatman hail from the North East at some point in his dim and murky past???????????
  9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

I don't know right now, but Mr Butler and I will interrogate him about this when he returns from his current leave of absence.
    One thing is certain, if he has a dim and murky past, he will fit in well with some of us at Kippax (only joking ?)
    - Wilkie
  10. andyfake

andyfake Member

That explains a lot - get ready for a "couldn't hit a cow's a*** with a...." next time you split one (not that you ever do, or you could be a sop player!):wink:
  11. oddbod

oddbod Member

As far as I know, he's a Notts lad like me.