Place your bets for the 6 Nations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JessopSmythe, Feb 12, 2004.

?

Who's going to win the Six Nations

1. Wales

82.8%
  2. Ireland

3.4%
  3. Scotland

6.9%
  4. England

3.4%
  5. France

3.4%
  1. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

What's the score going to be on Saturday 14th?

I'm going for Wales 28 - Scotland 19

& France 35 - Ireland 20

The closest guess will win a years free membership of theMouthPiece.com

Yes, I know I've missed Italy off the poll, but no-one's seriously going to vote for them are they?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    guess
    membership
    no-one
    theMouthPiece.com Yes
    bets
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Ooh! Look! England's winning :roll:... that'd just be me then ... :D

4. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

England are going to struggle without Wilkinson. Wales outscored them 3 tries to one in the quarterfinal, don't forget. It was only Wilkinsons boot that kept them in at all

5. amgray

amgray Member

Doesn't mean England CAN'T score tries - you take the points where you can :D

6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

If Ireland don't win this year I'll be rather disappointed... especially with the REAL world's best rugby player

go brian, go brian, go brian...

o'driscoll walks on the liffey...

7. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Quite right. Throughout the world cup England were able to get into threatening positions and took the easy option of giving the ball to Wilkinson. There was no suggestion that they could not have gone further and forced the try.

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Although I've gone for Wales, largely because I think it is time things evened out a bit, and this could be the time for it to happen with all the changes in the England squad, I've still got a sneaking feeling that France could be very dangerous this year.

9. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Most respectable number 10s could have scored most of the points Wilkinson did in the world cup if they were in the positions that the England forwards got them into (he's still the best No. 10 in the world though!). Everyone seems to make it sound like he was the only man on the pitch. The one England will really miss is Martin Johnson. Lead by example throughout the world cup. The occasional nasty streak only coming from his competitive edge and will to win. The Roy Keane of rugby in my eyes. Sorry to see him retire after the world cup, but had to be done for him... he was never going to make the next one and best to go out on the biggest high.

10. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

This year's Six Nations should be very interesting!

England without Wilkinson and Johnson, Scotland fielding quite a new side against Wales, Wales with Super Shane on the wing, France after quite a dissapointing World Cup (even though they got to the Semi's (if i'm not mistaken!)), Ireland after a close encounter with Australia in the WC and Italy!

I do honestly believe that Wales will be either 2nd or they will win this year's competition (not only because I'm welsh) but getting Shane Williams back on top form, Iestyn Harris and Sonny Parker (which is such a good centre partnership), one of the world's most consistent performer at flanker (the one and only Martyn Williams) with Jonathon Thomas on the bench (could play either 4,5,6,7 or 8!)

Prediction for saturday:-

Wales 22 - Scotland 12

Come on CYMRU!

11. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Am sorry, don't agree with you there - think they could be quite strong this year - also when you consider that the Scots have a new coach things may not be quite as tight as they should be in that quarter

Interesting to see that youngster Paul O'Connell (Munster man :D) has got the armband for the french game.

Although France kicked green ass at the world cup, have a feeling Saturday will be much closer. Unfortunately, will call France on it.

And given what I've said above, Wales over Scotland..

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    guess
    membership
    no-one
    theMouthPiece.com Yes
    bets
  13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I hope Wales win, and will initially be supporting them!
    Totally agree with Mr Doran about Martin Johnson, he's a hero and will definitly be missed in the England camp.
    Either way I think I time will be found to watch most the matches...its a very interesting game :wink:

14. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

I am a proud Welshman but will wait and see. The Welsh rugby clubs and players have still not fully embraced professionalism; there is still a 'beer and curry' culture.

Wales played well at the later stages of the World cup after having been encamped for several weeks, training daily and eating and drinking what they were given.

I hope I am wrong, but old habits die hard and perhaps we will beat Scotland but how will we do aginst the 'Professional' England and France?

15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

not hoping they kept the world cup kit by any chance are you?

16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

They were horrible, the bonus came as they seemed to rip quite easily, thus involving semi naked bodies :D

17. wales (full stop)

18. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

England. They've forgotten how to lose.

19. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

Wales are going to do well this year I can feel it in the water. My tea leaves are going to be right this year!!! :p :roll:

20. twigglet

twigglet Member

i think although johnson has gone, laurence dallaglio will be an equally awesome captain for england.

wales to win though....come on!

21. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Although I voted for England to be patriotic, I think France will get it this year.

Although Wales matches are usually quite entertaining, lets be honest here, they could barely win an arguement never mind a rugby match. :D

Puss

22. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

ENG-ER-LAND, ENG-ER-LAND-ENG-ER-LAND-ENG-ER-LAND!

Got to say it really, and frankly we should win, but nothing is certain and there have been upsets before :oops:

Although with Dallaglio having sold out to McD*****s we possibly deserve to have our tight-shorted butts whupped real good....

BMBxx