Pity the badger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, Nov 28, 2006.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

for she is mad. Computer has packed up and I am offline for the forseeable future! Have briefly nicked EDB's laptop but it's just not the same. I'm going tmp cold turkey and the withdrawal symptoms are awful! WOuld love to send a christmas card but am unlikely to be able to,:( :frown: :mad:
    If I don't see you all before, have a happy yule. Might get down to wem on 16th if you're lucky...
  2. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Tell us something we didn't know :rolleyes:

Hope you manage to get over no tmp!!! not sure how you'll cope! ;)
    Merry xmas BMB
  3. mad_female

mad_female Member

Awwww Poor BMB

Do I need to post Bagpuss to fix your PC??

Hope to see you on the 16th

4. Di

Di Active Member

I can sympathise with poor badger. I've had to suffer, (yes suffer! :tongue: ) being without my computer for weeks before when it was in the workshop. I should have taken it in again tonight as I'm having two problems. 1) DVDs play and sound as if in slow motion, think I have damaged it with a dusty DVD. :mad: 2) I'm getting some funny "staticy" type noises. First of all I thought there was something wrong with the socket/wire and it was sparking, then I thought maybe it was the fan, but son number 1 thinks it may be the disc scraping. Whichever it is, it needs looking at, and Steve was going to take it in tonight, but .... I couldn't be parted with it. :( How bad is that? :redface:
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What a pity, but BMB will be back with with her tail wagging about!
  6. bigmamabadger

Have managed to appropriate the laptop again for a few seconds....
    Not going to wem on 16th, sorry Rhian :frown: have got to do very boring concert up here instead. Would have come down for the party but so far there doesn't seem to be one.
  7. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Pity Mr. Badger;)
  8. gawber

gawber Active Member

I sympathise with you BMB. My computer keeps turning itself off and giving off a burning odour.
    I am getting a new PC from Father Christmas and have my fingers crossed that this one doesn't completely die on me before then.
  9. bigmamabadger

The light fitting in the computer room did that a few days before it went ***s-up. Maybe there was a massive power surge caused by me playing solitaire...

edit: not all words are picked up by the profanity filter. Sorry...
  10. bigmamabadger

EDB has now totally knackered the PC by trying to reset it to November 1899. When I try to log on it just looks at me sullenly with an expression similar to that of LittleBabyBadger refusing to eat spinach.
    Why do men always think they can fix these things? Why do they find it so hard to hand them over to a professional? Is it something to do with sabre-toothed-tigers?
    Am going to hold the laptop hostage.
  11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- he should've tried to use a hammer! :hammer