Pirates of the Carribean

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by johnmartin, May 16, 2004.

1. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Having sat through the DVD of this movie again (my wife likes Johnny Depp) I was struck by how good the soundtrack is especially the main theme. Does anyone know if there is a brass band arrangement. Before anyone asks I've already checked Just Music.
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

What is it called?
  3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Theme for Pirates of the Carribbean at a guess? :D
    (yes still at work)
  4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

There's been a thread about this before (but I think it went off topic to who was sexier, Mr Depp or Mr Bloom). From what i seem to remember it seems to have been arranged for everthing bar brass band!THat was a few months ago though so, maybe there's one now :D
  5. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Tut - tut - tut - Mr Whatsharp!!!!!!!!!

We told you we're gonna keep an eye on you :p :p

This is the mouthpiece Police Patrol :wink: :wink: :D :D
  6. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Yeh well we're all struggling to keep our brains active so we're running shifts!, so I'll be off in a mo (well off back to do some work that is!).

Need food, Need Sleep, Need Holiday!

7. Les Wood

Les Wood Member

Why don't you try the arrangement of Gladiator - it's almost exactly the same music. I don't know how Hans Zimmer (the movie composer) and his team get away with it!
  8. Golden-Hynd

Golden-Hynd Member

I noticed how good it was as well and think it would go really well for band. I tried to arrange it but failed miserably so asked one of the guys at uni to do it. I know he's started it and hopefully will be ready soon but i think its on the back burner at the moment because of assignments and exams. Will keep you all informed though!!

9. macfreakphil

macfreakphil New Member

My friend (who is completely devoid of any musical talent apart from attempting to sing and failing - therefore making him COMPLETELY devoid of musical talent :D) sits there and listens to the titles over and over and over again... I'm not sure why. He hasn't bothered looking for the soundtrack either. I'd like to see the music for it :?

10. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i reckon it should be arranged if it hasnt been.
    tMP music bods! Go Forth and do wot u guys do best!!!!!!
  11. HBB

HBB Active Member

You get the clearance.....:D
  12. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

I believe that Bernaerts have done an arrangement, it may be worth checking.
  13. jpbray

jpbray Member

Arranging Pirates of the Carribbean for brass band :?: I think its one of those ideas that seems good at the time. OK its a reasonably good tune, but usually you finish up with a mediocre arrangement that is all noise and naff all in it i.e. music from the "Rocky" films. :twisted:
  14. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

heh. i know nothing about arranging or anything.... i'm jus here to look good :roll:
  15. Steve

Steve Active Member

On a similar track, anyone know if Stargate SG1 has been arranged. Heard it last night on tv and it would be a cracker IMHO.