Pirate Facebook

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Daisy Duck, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

For those of you who are on Facebook, especially if you aren't too keen on the new Facebook, try changing your language to Pirate!
    Go into Settings and Languages and then choose Pirate.
    Everything is then transformed into pirate English so "my friends" becomes "me hearties" etc. It's great fun!
  2. leisa

leisa Active Member

I put it on for about 2 mins and changed it back straight away, i thought it was gonna be funnier than it was cos everyone was going on about it in their status
  3. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

I haven't tried the Pirate version but I've had my Facebook in Welsh for a couple of weeks now :D
  4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Leisa, its still keeping me laughing - having had International Talk Like A Pirate day this just extends the fun - you've obviously not done any "skewering" instead of poking - mind you I still laugh everytime "you have just poked....." comes up.

Cant wait for the Klingon version or even Elfish (from Lord of The Rings) or Viking could be good:)

oh and this weeks contest has come up as a Grog Fest - sounds right to me
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  5. leisa

leisa Active Member

Simple things.......;)

I think I would have found it more amusing if they had changed all your wall posts as well, I know thats probably impossible but it would have been quite amusing. I'm just over the whole 'poke' thing anyway and that is the only slight amusing thing from the pirate language so it amused me the whole 2 minites that I had it changed :tongue:
  6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I think it's great, very funny indeed. Almost everybody on my team has now changed to pirate mode!