Pipefest (Edinburgh) 2005

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by welshraz, Jan 27, 2005.

1. welshraz

welshraz Member

After an astounding weekend at Butlins, our band secretary has suggested that we attend the Pipefest in Edinburgh this August. Is anyone else thinking of going? Has anyone been before? Any info appreciated!!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    Pipefest
    Edinburgh
    Butlins
    band secretary
  3. pioe fest

i'm doing it this year, with my mate, its to raise a lot of cash to the cancer charity.
    theres loads more info on www.piefest.com
    at the moment theres about 4,500 som far, so i mean as long as you can put your left foot first and play a few tunes, your in.

i think its a really good idea and loads of brass bands should do it,
    theres pipe bands from all over the world coming so it would be a great Weekend

Rob

4. welshraz

welshraz Member

I am really up for it. I know a few others in the band are interested in going, but we will probably not get a full band to go. I have seen the website and it looks like it is going to be a good event. Even if there is only five of us willing to go, we will still be there doing our bit, and probably drinking loads. No doubt I will see you there!!

5. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

My band Newland Concert brass have their name down to play at it. Should be a decent laugh, although there's not a lot of brass or wind bands doing it, so it may be a case of circling the wagons from all those nasty bagpipes!

6. pipefest

hey, whos still going?
    could do with a little help with transport and a snare drum?

Rob