Piercings-what's your verdict??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Hell's_Trombone, Nov 12, 2005.

1. After chatting to sandman a while ago about belly button piercings, I've been wondering how many female banders have got their belly buttons pierced and how many male banders like them? I've got one and mr sandman told me that he didn't like them (how dare he?!) and now I'm paranoid that I've wasted alot of money (even though I like it)!! what does everyone else think???
  2. ju33les

ju33les Member

Belly button piercing?

They'd have a job to find my belly button!! :biggrin:
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yea.. we had no problem finding your other assets though did we eh Julie!

TIMBONE Active Member

Well, I can say that a glittering belly button can be quite attractive. As this is a family forum, I cannot comment on any other "glittering bits" - except the ears, nose and tongue - and I quite like the ears and nose...........enough :biggrin:
  5. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Don't like them myself, (or any other piercings), but if you like it yourself go with it. Piercings make me squirm.
  6. ju33les

ju33les Member

In my job I have to look in people's mouths (no,I'm not a dentist or doctor!) and I have to admit that everytime I come across a pierced tongue I make it my disapproval and horror known....usually with a a big "Yuck!"

But, I suppose...each to their own......
  7. caramelbunny

caramelbunny Member

I have my belly button pierced twice, once at the top and once at the bottom. I've never had any complaints...infact have only ever had positive comments as to how pretty it looks :)

That said, you should never change your body on someone elses recommendation. It has to be your decision and something that you are comfortable with... and then who gives a monkey's what anyone else thinks!!

Don't take it out because one person doesn't like it either...for every guy who's not into it there's another who'll love it...& at the end of the day if someone is gona judge you based on such a minor detail as a piercing then surely they're not worth your time anyway :confused:
  8. HBB

HBB Active Member

What do you do then?! :eek:
  9. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm...wouldn't have a piercing done myself, Deb keeps trying to get me to have my nipple done but I'm not having any of it...don't really have anything against other peoples piercings tho except to wonder how it doesn't hurt or get in the way (especially the tongue!!).

I used to work with a couple who had a whole load of other bits pierced with quite a lot of rings and stuff from what he told me (I think you know which bits I mean) and I couldn't help wondering if they ever got locked together whilst getting jiggy and how the hell they'd sorted it out! :eek: They must have looked like a chinese puzzle at times!!
  10. gargoyle_addict

gargoyle_addict New Member

Lots of my mates are goth/alternative with alsorts pierced, (and similarly not the type to keep quiet about them) and they never seem to have had any problems, and I'm sure I'd have heard if they had. heard more horror stories about braces to be fair.

I have quite a lot of piercings in my ears (cartilage mostly) and I'm always amazed that people don't notice them when I'm dressed up smart. Some times I guess they choose not to say, but on a couple of occassions it's come up over coffees or whatever (on training courses, etc) and there's been this "oh I didn't notice" kind of thing.

Same with my tattoo actually, my collegues seem to forget I have it, and the same people will say "oh I didn't know you had one" each time it's visble. People are wierd...
  11. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

I think it looks disgusting when people have it pierced, and the only reason people wont tell you otherwise is because they are too polite.

12. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

As some people who know me know... I'm partial to a piercing or two..

Had to take me lip ring out coz it got infected! :-(

people should do what they want and not bother what other people think
  13. is it true that they dont heal up? (sandman you don't have a say cos you'r mean and don't like it and are the reason why i had to start this thread!!)
  14. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Like I told you at the time, if you want a minging chunk of metal stuck through the front of your belly then thats your decision, I just dont want to see it...

Doesnt matter to me

What I think shouldnt matter to you :D
  15. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I like them to look at but would never have it done myself. Can't stand anyone or anything touching my belly button. Makes me go all shuddery!!!
  16. BOB_

BOB_ Member

although i have never considered having piearcings myself (or English lessons by yhe looks of my spelling:oops: ) i lnow many people with bellybutons piearced and i think there quite attractive
  17. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

My sisters got her's done and I actually can't understand why, makes me feel sick at the thought of it. Don't know why, sorry Kate..... don't hit me!
  18. Melph

Melph Member

Wouldn't a tounge piercing get in teh way of playing? As for a lip piercing, depending on the size of the mouth piece, that must have got in the way?

In his younger days, my friend Chunky was pierced head to toe but had to have these removed as the coils of metal were sufficant to act as a radio mast which could recieve Radio 4 the Archers 24/7 on BBC world service. Drove him mad it did.
  19. BOB_

BOB_ Member

20. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I've had my Lip and Labrett ( just under the bottom lip) done and it never affected my playing.
    Its left a little scar, but a days stubble covers that up.

Gonna get it re-pierced after X-mas i think...