Pieces within pieces.....!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BbBill, Nov 21, 2006.

1. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Is there any passages in testpieces that you like, could merit their own piece written somehow, if it was possible to write one?!

For instance, just now I really like the Sop solo in Northern Lights, its only for about a minute, but I think its great and think it would be lovely if was written as a solo piece somehow, if you know what I mean!!!

Any more?
  2. Jacob Larsen

Jacob Larsen Member

The Holy Well (from Alderly Edge) - Peter Graham
    A Time For Peace (from Essence of Time) - Peter Graham
  3. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Nativity from The Dove Descending
  4. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

A Time for Peace has already been reworked by the composer as a stand alone tenor horn solo.
  5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

As has the Holy Well for euph.
  6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

There was a rumour the year that we played this that Nativity was going to be released as a standalone piece, although it may have been being done in a different key...did it happen?
  7. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

It's on the new Black Dyke Christmas Carol cd (according to the 4BR track listing and review).
  8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Goff Richard's test piece Hollywood is so catchy and accessible that the whole of it should be shortened and put out as a concert piece.
  9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Johan Evenepoel's "Ginnungagap" (written for BB Buizingen at the Belgian Nationals a couple of years ago and used as the set piece for the Dutch Nationals two years ago) contains a very beautiful slow section, which is published on its own under the name "Melting the Ice"
  10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Philip Wilby released his arrangement of three parts on a ground which is used in Revelation ( 1995)