Pictures of the EBBC streaming set up

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by British Bandsman on TMP, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Attached Files:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    EBBC
    streaming
    Pictures
    Euphoria - support
    gala concert
  3. Part 2!

Attached Files:

4. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Hope TMP's getting paid for this advertising....

5. Hi Alyn James,

Thanks for your note.

Posting event information, event news, promotions of products is free of charge. I can only presume that because none of our posts have been modified or removed that we have not breached any guidelines.

TMP were contacted about BB's willingness to run a paid banner campaign with them but after an initial response from them and several subsequent emails from us chasing the enquiry, we have heard nothing back.

I hope this clears up the matter.

Best wishes,

BB

6. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

Wow! That was quick!! Thanks.
    Hope everything runs smoothly for you this weekend. :)

7. Thanks Alyn, it's getting very close now! :clap:

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi John

Just to let you know, I did respond to your PM, to the email you suggested I respond to, on 18th March. Not sure what's happened or where the wires have been crossed, but drop me an email to john@burnsworld.co.uk and I will forward the original email to you.

I didn't want anyone to think I hadn't responded... I did :)

ta
    John

9. Frontman

Frontman Member

May I say that the coverage so far has been superb.
    Wonder if this could ever happen over here for the National Finals , British Open and Masters?

Well done to the Bandsman for this innovation. (Gosh Brass Bands in the 21st Century).

10. Thank you David.

Brass bands in the 21st century - exactly what we are trying to achieve.

We are already looking forward to tomorrow's own choice and gala concert. We have some fantastic high-profile guests on tomorrow's show...don't miss it.

http://www.britishbandsman.com/bb_live_from_linz.php

11. Frontman

Frontman Member

I am sure there are numerous others who feel the same.

I have been talking to some Dutch friends all the way through the broadcast and I must say that everyone is impressed.

It is quite stunning and may I say that it has been fronted by the very talented Simone. She a definately a TV star of the future.

The own choice contest will be spectacular but looking at the pieces to be played, I am still wondering which one Prof King will lead Eikanger through.

Well done to the Bandsman and Yamaha for leading the way.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    EBBC
    streaming
    Pictures
    Euphoria - support
    gala concert
  13. euphoria

euphoria Member

What a fantastic contest. Having chatted with friends that are also watching through British Bandsman.

Simone Rebello is also so professionel in the intervals - that lifts the whole show.

And what a cracker of a test piece (glad I am not playing soprano there :D )

14. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Held up at work tonight so didn't get in until just after the last band had finished :mad:

Lookng forward to tomorrow - no "cup of tea" bands, as I should be able to make my cuppa and get back to the screen while the next band is setting up ;)

Pity there's no coverage of the "B" section, though :(

15. European Championships draw/streaming information

British Bandsman and Yamaha Neo had a fantastic time bringing you coverage of the set test element of the contest last night. It continues today just before 1200BST, when our coverage of the own choice commences.

Bon Accord [Scotland], John Maines, 1
    Eikanger-Bjorsvik Musikklaag [Norway], Professor David King, 2
    Brass Band Oberosterreich [Austria], Hans Buchegger, 3
    Brass Band Nord Pas-de-Calais [France], Russell Gray, 4
    Cory Band [Wales], Dr Robert Childs, 5
    Valaisia Brass Band [Switzerland], Arsene Duc, 6
    Black Dyke [England], Dr. Nicholas Childs, 7
    Brass Band De Waldsang [Netherlands], Rieks Van der Velde, 8
    Concord Brass Band [Denmark], Michael Howley, 9
    Brass Band Buizingen [Belgium], Luc Vertommen, 10

Own Choice Test Pieces (in no particular order)

A Tale as Yet Untold [Philip Sparke]
    Concerto Grosso [Derek Bourgeois]
    Earthrise [Nigel Clarke]
    From Ancient Times [Jan van Der Roost]
    Harmony Music [Philip Sparke]
    Journey to the Centre of the Earth [Peter Graham]
    Music of the Spheres [Philip Sparke]
    Red Priest [Philip Wilby]
    St Magnus [Kenneth Downie]
    Vienna Nights [Philip Wilby]

If you haven't signed up, there is still chance to do for this afternoon's own choice and evening Gala Concert at: http://www.britishbandsman.com/bb_live_from_linz.php

16. euphoria

euphoria Member

As good as it was yesterday - as bad is it today :frown:

I missed the sound for most of Eikangers performance and all of the sound from Cory.
    I have tried multiple other streaming sites with no problem. I have tried logging in and out many times for the EBBC stream and now I canĀ“t even get a strem running. Just a still-photo of Simone Rebello interviewing Russel Gray.

I sincerely hope that re-streaming will be made available to those who have paid good money for this event.

17. Hello everyone.

There have been some power issues in the hall which were out of our control. Which we understand are now fixed.

Eikanger sound should have only been disrupted for no more than a minute - we have several people monitoring the streaming indepently who have confirmed this. There was a light hum during the Cory worked, which again is now fixed.

Apologies for the difficulties in the last hour. We are constantly working to ensure the quality is maintained despite the difficulties that have been thrown at us.

Thank you everyone for your understanding and patience.

18. euphoria

euphoria Member

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I think overall, it has been fantastic, but I am very frustrated not to have heard the reigning champions - there was a humming noise when they walked on stage and then sound stopped.

Can you confirm that there will be a possibility for getting the stream later.

Cheers

19. The streaming is live only, so unfortunately we will not be broadcasting the feed later.

Cory's performance contained a light humming not a total loss of sound. As mentioned, we have several people monitoring the streaming independently who confirmed this and we dealt with the issue as quickly as we could without further disruption.

The official European DVD will be produced after the event, which may contain the Cory performance.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

20. Pav

Pav Member

It may be because I'm listening on headphones but the humming wasn't light. Anything slightly exposed was pretty much ruined.

21. Caprice

Caprice Member

Yes it spoilt what will probably be the winning performance - any chance of a replay for those who have subscribed to the stream?

22. euphoria

euphoria Member

Thanks again for the reply.
    The streaming worked fine for the last 5 bands.

I will applaud you for the efforts you have made this weekend - it has been very exiting and I hope that enough people have chosen to watch it to make it worth it for you.

I hope that future contests may be broadcast too.

Highlight of the weekend for me - Black Dyke yesterday on Spiriti, not least Paul Duffy!