photosnapper

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by photosnapper, Aug 27, 2008.

1. photosnapper

photosnapper New Member

Hi
    It's nice to be part of the band online fraternity. I joined because I saw your 'question and answer' forum and have a personal question.
    I'm thinking of buying an American style long model cornet purely because I don't like the British 'stumpy' ones. Can anyone tell me whether the sound is the same as British ones. I want it to sound like the British ones and not like a trumpet as I already have two of those.

Thank you.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    British
    American
    photosnapper HiIt
    forum
    American style long model cornet
  3. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

Hiya,

I've recently acquired a long model cornet but it's really old and was sat in someone's loft for about twenty years so it's difficult to compare the sound... however, it definitely has a more trumpetty sound and feel to it compared to my standard British short cornet. Would be good for Dixieland jazz type stuff I think.

4. photosnapper

photosnapper New Member

Thanks. That'a shame. I DID have a long model Conn cornet many moons ago and that didn't seem too bad - sound wise - but it was extremely sharp above the stave (staff?) so it and I parted company. The Bach C300 looks quite nice but, apparently, it is only a student cornet although the Yamaha, on which I play now, is also one.

5. RussQ

RussQ Member

I used to play a long model Strad while in the forces and couldn't fault it. A very versatile hooter!