Photoshop Elements 6.0 HEEELP!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mrs Fruity, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

As I know there are some smashing photographers on this forum, I thought I'd ask this question here, rather than embarrassing myself on Gosnap.
    I'm trying to do a toned mono conversion on some of my photos. When I choose Image>mode it won't let me select 8-bit channel to convert from 16-bit.
    Does anyone know why this is? No doubt I've overlooked something obvious!

Yours hopefully
    Jillian

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

How about ... (and this depends what file format you have saved the image to hard-drive)

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b4aee4

3. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Thank you for that. It's a tiff file I'm trying to convert, but the same happens with my jpegs. As you can tell I'm not very up with the tog thing yet!
    I'm going to try downloading a trial version of PS CS3 and see if the same happens with that.

4. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Hey, I cant say I know how in Elements having never used it but Im pretty good with CS3 from work related stuff so let me know if you get hold of the trial etc and I can help guide you with any probs you have there.

5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

More problems! Download is successful but the flippin thing won't open on my computer!!!!! AARRRRRGGHHH! I'm thinking of going back to my Kodak Instamatic and the chemist!

6. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Actually I think part of my problem is that I'm so used to CS2 on my work computer that I can't get my head round anything else.

7. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

I know this will not help you but I downloaded the Photosop Elements 6.0 and gave it up as a bad job, after countless try's it ended removed from the computer.

8. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

I think I agree. I'm going to load CS2 onto my home computer too. Thanks for your help everyone.