Phone Chargers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Jul 24, 2005.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I'm hoping someone can help me! I have a Motorola V500 phone and I NEED a new charger!! Mine has decided to break on me! Anybody know where I can get one??? Preferably a very cheap one? :tongue:

thanks in advance
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

have you tried ebay?
  3. meandmycornet

i can't i need to get the charger first thing tomorrow in town! i need it! i can't wait that long without being able to use my phone (its practically dead :( ) i'm already having withdrawal symptons :(
  4. Di

Di Active Member

Have you got a "The Link" near you? See here
    although ordering on line would be cheaper. Like here
  5. meandmycornet

hmmm are there any people who are really clever with mobile phones? how can i tell whether its the charger thats kapput or the socket that i put the charger in, in the phone that has something wrong with it?
  6. Di

Di Active Member

find a friend with a motorola charger and try that?
  7. meandmycornet

everyone else is sensible and has nokia phones! and motorola appear to have a different charger for most of there phones!
  8. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I used to work for a mobile phone company. The most common fault we found with charging was the battery contacts needed cleaning. Take the battery out and rub the gold contact points both on the battery and in the phone (if you can reach them) using a pencil eraser. gently blow them to get rid of any dust then reassemble. If this doesn't work ring your mobile phone provider who should be able to run a diagnostic test. Finally if this doesn't work pop into your local mobile phone dealer who will test the phone, the battery and the charger for you. If the battery or charger needs replacing the cheapest place to get them is normally the little market stall type shops.
  9. meandmycornet

wow thank you michelle! :D i shall try that now and report back shortly! *goes to find a rubber*
  10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

You can get emergency charger things from the pound shop! Theyre for all different makes.
  11. meandmycornet

ok that didn't work :( it seems to be a problem with the way the charger fits in the little socket thingy :( so is that the charger?? or the phone?? pleaseeeee don't say the phone!
  12. michellegarbutt

I honestly don't know. Your best bet now is to either ring your service provider who should be able to run a diagnostic check, or take it into a large dealer someone like the link or carphone warehouse who will be able to check the phone and charger but as I said earlier if it is the charger go to one of the market type stall/shops to actually buy one
  13. meandmycornet

right i'm off down the link tomorrow first thing then :D i'd ring orange but i can't cos my phone is off cos its almost dead :tongue:
  14. euphonium1214

euphonium1214 Member

Unlucky! I'd die without my phone charger :p Good luck!
  15. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I had an unfortunate incident earlier this year when I managed to get the part of the charger that goes into the phone caught in the car door (this does break it so please don't attempt it). Luckily for me I have a sister who regularily gets her phone and handbag stolen (silly silly girl) so we have lots of spare samsung chargers :rolleyes:
    I know this doesn't help you, but good luck and if you get lots of withdrawal symptoms, try putting your sim in a friend/relatives phone just to give you a small fix to keep you going!
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

What a wacky idea that is - trying a 'phone shop - who'd have thought of that? ;) :rolleyes:
  17. HBB

HBB Active Member

Oi Dyl... that's me :p... trying to nick my danger award!
  18. michellegarbutt

Don't know if it's still in date as it's a couple of years since I left orange but the landline number used to be 07973100450 for pay as you go phones and 07973100150 for contract phones