Phoenix WM Players Required!!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by PhoenixDave, Dec 17, 2003.

1. PhoenixDave

PhoenixDave New Member

Edit: Current vacancies towards the end of the thread

Phoenix West Midlands Brass - 3rd section 2004
    (Midlands 4th section champions, national finalists, Pontins 4th section champions 2003)

We require a percussionist to join one of the most progressive and friendly bands in the Midlands. We are only two and a half years old and have numerous concerts and contests planned for 2004, when we make our debut in the 3rd section.
    We rehearse one night a week at the moment, so feel free to message me if you are interested.

:D Dave :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  2. PhoenixDave

PhoenixDave New Member

Solo cornet / Percussionists needed

Phoenix West Midlands Brass (Midland Area Third Section Champion Band) currently have vacancies for a solo cornet player and percussionists. If you fancy a trip to the National Finals with one of the best up and coming bands, give me a pm or check out our NEW website (www.phoenixwmbrass.co.uk) and get in touch!

3. Lotta

Lotta Member

Players Required in West Midlands

Phoenix West Midlands Brass (2nd) are currently looking for a tutti solo cornet and soprano. We rehearse Wednesdays 7.30 - 9.30 and have a busy line up over the summer period.

Even if you play other instruments, please get in touch. You're always welcome to come along.

If you are interested, please PM me.

4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I guess I'll help you out during the summer, Lisa.

5. Lotta

Lotta Member

FANKS!!! X

6. Lotta

Lotta Member

Solo Cornet Required (Midlands)

Phoenix West Midlands Brass are looking for a good solo cornet player to complete the band in time for Pontins, WMBBA and the many entertaining Christmas concerts we have lined up.

We are 2nd section and we rehearse in the Dudley area. We rehearse on Wednesdays at 8pm but there will be extra rehearsals leading up to competitions.

PM me for more information

Look forward to hearing from you!!

7. Lotta

Lotta Member

Phoenix West Midlands Brass are looking for a Rep player and an Eb Bass to complete the band. After securing the services of David Maplestone & our pleasing results at Wychavon & Pontins, we are looking forward to the WMBBA contest and a busy festive period.

If you are interested and you would like further information, please PM me or e mail phoenixbrass@hotmail.com

We look forward to hearing from you!

8. bigne

bigne New Member

Hi. Currently playing EEb with a 3rd section band in the midlands but keen to make a step forward. Tried championship banding briefly last winter with Staffs it didn't quite work out. Have played under David several times before and would enjoy the opportunity again. Will also be at WMBBA so I'll come and have a listen! Will be in touch next week!

9. Lotta

Lotta Member

great!! Hope you enjoy our performance! We will be in burgandy tee's if you wanna ask someone to point me out!

Look forward to hearing from you

10. bigne

bigne New Member

Hi
    Sorry i didn't get to find you on Sunday. We didn't get the result we were hoping for and the band seemed to all go off in a demoralised gloom together!! Guess its our own fault for trying too hard a piece - never mind it was an enjoyable challenge. I see your ajudicator also had a lapse of sanity when he placed the bands in the second section!!
    What nights do you rehearse and where? If i can make it, would it be ok to come along for a blow sometime?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Phoenix
    WM
    Midlands
    Pontins 4th
    West Midlands Brass
  12. Lotta

Lotta Member

Phoenix - Bb & Percussionists Req'd

Fancy playing at Symphony Hall and a trip to the Nationals? Then we are the band you're looking for!!!

Our current Bb bass player has other commitments for the both these events so we are looking for someone to fill his shoes! The set test piece for the Symphony hall requires 5 percussionists so our man needs some help!! He has managed to combine 3 parts but struggling with the other two on his own (think he's ran out of somewhere to put his sticks!! ;) )

We rehearse Tuesdays and Sundays in Dudley.

Please PM me if your interested. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lotta
    Phoenix WM Brass

13. Lotta

Lotta Member

Bb Bass required for Nationals (W.Mids)

Due to the untimely activities of our bass player, he is unable to to the Nationals as his wife is due to pop that weekend!! ;)

Phoenix WM Brass are therefore looking for a competent Bb bass player to fill our line up for the Finals in September.

If you would like any further information, please contact Lisa at lisajenks20@hotmail.co.uk

14. Lotta

Lotta Member

UPDATE

After the search for a Bb bass for the Nationals, one of our Eb's has volenteered to play Bb for it so we are now looking for an Eb bass. People say that Eb Bass players are easier to come by than Bb's?? Hope this is true!!

Get in touch for further information :)

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  15. Mokey

Mokey New Member

Phoenix West Mids Vacancies for Harrogate

Phoenix West Mids Brass are looking for Eflat/Bflat tuba, and percussion for our band at the Nationals 2nd section final at Harrogate 30th Sept.
    You can email me at
    romeo.john@blueyonder.co.uk

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Guidelines, AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  16. Lotta

Lotta Member

After sorting our Bass out... we are still in need for a tuned Percussionist.

E mail above or lisajenks20@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested or you want further information

:eek:)

17. Lotta

Lotta Member

Front row cornet player required to complete the line up for this years areas. Drop me a line if you're interested and you want further details :)