Phillip Harper to Cory

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by catastraphone, May 23, 2012.

1. catastraphone

catastraphone Member

Phillip Harper is set to take Cory into the next contesting season.Good luck to a great conductor and a great band.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Phillip Harper
    Cory Phillip Harper
    great conductor
    great band
    luck
  3. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Only contests? Or will he actually be entertaining some people in concerts as well?

4. QAD

QAD Member

Proper signed so both

5. catastraphone

catastraphone Member

I think its the full shabang.Im glad to see the band taking the reigns and using Bobs departure as a way to move forward. Its the end of an era, but the beginning of a bright and promising future me thinks. :-0

6. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

I wasn't aware that Philip Harper did any conducting but I expect that someone clever enough to come up with arrangements of the calibre of Year of the Dragon and Leaning on a Lamp Post will soon get the hang of waving his arms about.

Good luck to him I say.

Bob

PS I didn't know he was Welsh either

7. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Are you confused or have I not got one of your (usually) brilliant remarks??

8. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

Dear Major

Sorry for the confusion.

I am 84 you know (I think).

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Philip Harper

Philip Harper (born May 10, 1965 in Baltimore, Maryland) is a jazz trumpeter.

So that's cleared that up.

Apologies once again and keep up the good work. I think you should have got the job!
    Probably a lucky escape tho' for you as I hear that Cory is in Wales.

Kind Regards

Bob

9. jezza23361

jezza23361 Member

Universal neck ache for the Cory boys and girls now. It is a long way up.

J

10. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Always enjoyed listening to Cory, but I'll enjoy watching them even more now with PH at the helm - there's no other conductor with a wiggle like his.... (was that secksist?) :wow A very talented young conductor - I'm sure he'll do a great job!

11. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Phillip Harper
    Cory Phillip Harper
    great conductor
    great band
    luck
  12. Pauli Walnuts

Pauli Walnuts Moderator Staff Member

Bob: I hear you may have a new job too for the Olympics:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/war/mod-unveils-surface-to-air-cockneys-201204305175

"COCKNEYS will be launched from the top of a tower block if someone attacks the Olympics, it has been confirmed."

13. Kofi

Kofi Member

Apart from being a very talented musician, Philip is a proper nice bloke and I think he'll do a great job. Good luck to him!

14. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

On behalf of the SA / Ex-SA fraternity here on tmp I'd like to formally mark Mr Harper's Promotion to Cory.

I'll get me coat.

15. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

:clap:

Brilliant!

16. Splitzer

Splitzer Member

Well for Cory and congratualtions on a great appointment.The future is bright!

17. JonP

JonP Member

This is great news for Welsh banding.
    Well done Phil and well done Cory. Now you can enjoy being your own boss. :)
    All the very best of luck For the future.

18. BikeBadger

BikeBadger Member

I hear the chairs in Ton's bandroom have just been screwed to the floor else Cory take a fancy to them too.

19. catastraphone

catastraphone Member

Great result at the nationals. It seems Cory are still at the top of the banding world!

20. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Sorry to shatter your illusions fella, but the world is round as it turns out, there is a big bridge over the River Severn, and Fodens won the Nationals.

21. catastraphone

catastraphone Member

I know Fodens won, but 3rd is a solid result and shows that Cory are in contention for the top spots, just as they were under Their previous MD. I meant that it shows Cory are still a great band, capable of winning the major contests. It wasn't the Dr it was the band all along and they will carry on at the top without him.