Phantom of the Opera

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bigcol, Jan 18, 2005.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

Anyone know of a good selection from the opera, but isn't too hard?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Phantom of the Opera
    Opera
    good selection
    Phantom
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

We have these in our library

All I Ask of You Solo Mowat Rosehill
    All I Ask of You Duet MFB
    Music of the Night MFB
    Phantom of the Opera Act 1 Twitchings, Stephen MFB
    Phantom of the Opera Act 2 Twitchings, Stephen MFB

not sure whats available currently but they are all good arrangements although probably a bit dated now. Following the recent revival and interest after the release of the film perhaps Mr Fernie or Duncan will be updating the arrangements.

4. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

As far as I've been told Rosehill won't let anyone touch Lloyd-Webber music if you want to publish it. I've been trying for ages with Rosehill but they just completely blank you. They might let you arrange for 'one' band but any thought of publishing is totally blanked.

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Some years ago when ALW was all the rage with audiences we planned to do a concert featuring all his music, Cats, Phantom, Jesus Christ, etc and contacted the publishers to see if this was OK. Something on the lines of "A Night With The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber"

We were told that we could not use Mr Webbers name in the advance publicity for the concert - hmm lets think we want to do a Lloyd Webber concert but could not tell people what we were doing. So of course it ends up as "Music from the Shows".

6. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I was asked to play for a local (amateur kids) production of "Joseph and the Amazing Tecnicolour Dreamcoat". The people putting the show on were told that they could not use the name of the show or the name of the composer in any of the publicity - how stupid is that

7. bigcol

bigcol Member

I've heard of an arrangement of the overture, and there is a (rubbbish IMHO) selection arrangement for wind band, but still no luck. Shame...