Pets who have got names connected to music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Feb 15, 2005.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I was just wondering:
    How many of you who have got family pets it does not matter what, who have got there name named after either a composer or anything connected with music.
    I have a Cat called Berlioz( Its a female)
    and used to have a cat until about 12 months ago called Paganini(also female)
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Nope.... but I knew someone who called their dog Allegro :)
  3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

both my dogs Bach, does that count?
    (really, really sorry, had to do that before Mr Payn!)

*edited... sorry Dave, should be able to spell by now :oops: *
  4. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

My first two pups are going to be named Sabian and Zildjian.
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:rolleyes: *groans*

:lol: :p ;)
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

You could at least spell his surname right!

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I had a cat that was a composer . . . . at least I think that's what it was: it kept leaving movements around the house ;)
  8. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Just so long as they weren't chromatic runs! :biggrin:
  9. rutty

rutty Active Member

My Dad had a cat called Mortimer, which may or may not be directly or indirectly related the Harry of the same surname. Possibly.

I hope that's clear. :)
  10. One of my Cats is called Felix
    Mendellsohn's first name was Felix

...and i win the tenous link competition
  11. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My brother (who is now 20) got a pet mouse for his 10th birthday and he called it mortimer, turned out the pet shop sold us it without realising it has some illness and it died 2 weeks later, my mum felt sorry for my brother so bought him another mouse and he called it Harry (yeah Harry Mortimer!) that one lasted about 5 months!
  12. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

My daughter has a cat named T-Bone, which could either be short for "trombone" or a cut of meat.
  13. Laura

Laura Member

My mum used to breed horses and she was always calling them saddo names that related to music, but she's just sold one to Jannette Breakwell (on the olympic team - came 2nd!) called Sibelius (Sib for short) so that's a name to look out for in the future- but only if you have any interest in horse eventing!
  14. kiwiposaune

kiwiposaune New Member

I had two persian cats named Schilke and Shostakovich. My wife and I are currently looking for a dog - we're going to name him or her Splee-ah in honour of the horn section in my orchestra.
  15. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

I have two budgies one called Andante and one called Scherzo
  16. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

I had a dog called Mephistopheles, after the march, not because it's particularly evil or anything.
  17. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Wasn't that a bit of a mouthful to shout at the park? Mephistopheles Come her boy, Mephistopheles sit! Or did he have a nickname???
  18. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I challenge thee to a duel in respect of tenuous link winner :!:

The original cat in my household was called Polly, (Strange name for a cat I hear you all cry). At the time, Will the Sec had just been performing in The Beggar's Opera and played the part of Peachum.The wife being called Polly Peachum. Thus the cat was unlucky enough to be named after an 18th Century Opera character. Not by Will, but by our Mother.
  19. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

For the older or more cultural among us, i.e., those who liosten to Radio 4 Monday @ 6.30pm. Paul Merton on Just a Minute talking about Morphology and obvisouly not having a scooby about the subject:

"When the weather is clement I often go to the park with my dog Morphology, and when he runs away, Morphology is the call. Morphology, Morphology, where are you, shouting at the top of my voice. "

Whereupon some dastard buzzed in for repetition of the word "my". Morphology was allowed to be repeated as it was the subject title.
  20. euphybeast

euphybeast Member

Erm, a girl actually, making even less sense. Usually known as Meph. My dad, a none musician, and not into mythology in any way, consistently calls her Meths.