Pets And Sunday Dinners

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Does your Cat/Dog have any of your Sunday Dinner/ Meat
    My cat does she as the meat of the day either Beef/ Lamb on her sunday dinner dish:clap:
  2. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Our dog occasionally will get a bit of "people food", although he seems to prefer cheese to meat.

We also have a cat who won't go out of his way to get a piece of meat but will literally rip open boxes to get at any kind of bread or baked goods.
  3. postie

postie Member

Our cat is very partial to chicken - he sometimes even wonders by the oven checking to see if it is ready yet! You can imagine the excitement when the chicken is carved!
  4. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Our cat does that, but only when bread is baking (I'm thinking the cat needs some sort of feline counseling :wink: )
  5. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

If the animals are mis-behaving and begging for the food, then they get nada. If they wait patiently, then I'll hook 'em up. I love my dogs and cats, but I don't tolerate bad manners of trying to climb up on the table or counter when eating and preparing our food.

They're pretty good about it for the most part, so they usually get their treats.
  6. ju33les

ju33les Member

When my Jack Russell, Paddy, was still alive, he didn't mind what day it was as long as titbits were forthcoming!!

And on one occasion he was in kennels on a local farm, and kept nicking carrots from the pile set aside for the horses......:rolleyes: .
  7. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Milo is a spoilt doggy :tongue: he get a bit of human food nearly everyday if there is stuff left over.... his favourites are rice, cheese, bread and any meat or fat :tongue: he never puts weight on though because he doesn't sit still for long enough!

HANNAH Member

My sat sits by the table waiting everytime I eat and I always save her some meat. She knows as soon as I put the knife and fork down she can come get it! Shes very well trained, although she does occasionally get little impatient! But shes had plenty of years practice, shes 17 this year!!!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Once we've carved the joint on a Sunday I often put the meat dish on the floor for the cats to have any odd scraps that are left, and if I'm ever picking the chicken carcase at supper time I've often got an avid audience ;)
  10. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

My Dog Jackson gets the bone from the Sunday joint and normally any scraps of meat and veg that are left.
    He's also a Vindaloo lover and if we have a curry he pesters us like mad to have some
  11. flashbarry

flashbarry Member

Our cats will eat anything, but Batman particularly like chicken madras and sweet n sour chicken.

Batman has a party trick, we buy a box of bbq pringles and stand the box (with the lid off) and he helps himself by putting his paw in the tube and pulling them out and straight into his mouth, it looks really cool. He also loves peanuts and if you throw them to him he jumps up and catches them in his mouth!

He also has a habit of being able to open the doors, he stands on his back legs and pulls the handle down, if its locked he keeps going until he has a strop. Hence the buying of baby locks for the kitchen cupboards!

12. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Tibbsi, our old cat, used to like to lick the lids of yoghurt pots - just put it on the floor and she'd polish it off!
  13. ratley

ratley Member

This is also Mogwai's favourite thing, as Yoofman will testify. Yoofman licked the lid of a muller corner and wondered why The Mogwai had the hump for days....

Mog is also partial to Sunday dinner, as long as I haven't cooked it!
  14. IYOUNG

IYOUNG Member

Paris the cat is very partial to Pineapple Yoghurt, no other flavours considered by her.

Likes all the meats especially Roast Lamb
  15. Steve

Steve Active Member

I sometimes let Jon the Dad have some if he behaves, the cat just turns her nose up at anything other than cheap cat food and manky biuscuits. Freak.
  16. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

When my dog Basil was still around, he used to get Sunday dinner each week, but only after the family had finished eating. We learnt our lesson with turkey one very early Christmas so he never got that again (I won't go into details, but I'm sure my sister will remember that incident for the rest of her life!)!
    He used to get in the way when we were cutting up the meat, but he wasn't stupid as he often got bits thrown to him whilst that was happening. However when he was eating his dinner he never liked peas, and if you put some in and mixed them up you could be sure that they would all be left at the bottom of his bowl or on the floor once he had finished!
  17. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

My dog's seem to get everything!

As for Sunday lunch they sit and watch, and get some when we've finished if they are good, well thats what my mum says, but i think my dad makes cooks more especially for them! he does with the BBQ......"can i have a sausage? they are for the dogs" I mean honestly?! but then, they are lovely dogs, as for my dad, the vet told him off for giving them dougnuts! his reply: "but they like them!" :rolleyes:
  18. klh

klh New Member

My cats and dogs do get some treats if they do not of the cats however drives me nuts for ice cream....she virtually tries to get in the bowl when i am eating it...and she has never had any!!
    The dogs love most thinsg even eats raw onion if dropped and one of the cats.....whatever goes he eats....

At christmas the dogs have a full the sprouts!
  19. Di

Di Active Member

Aww, you meanie! Let her have some. ;)

We used to buy our cat her own ice cream from the ice cream van. Used to asked for a 10p kiddies cone. It was fantastic sitting holding it for her while she licked away at it, eyes shut purring loudly. Aww bless. :)

On a similar theme to this, chicken paste! We used to buy the little jars for her. She could here the "pop" when the cap was unscrewed from the bottom of the garden. She'd come belting in through the cat flap meowin for her treat. We'd dip a finger in the jar and let her lick, again purring like mad.

And she just loved chicken. Drove us nuts trying to get at it. She even attacked my mums dog when she was stood between my her and the oven!

We're not particularly keen on the tougher red meat on the turkey, so that, plus all the scrapings off the carcass after we'd had leftover turkey on boxing day always went into bags and frozen for the cat. We'd bring one out and treat her every few days.

Oh the sweet memories. I miss little old gnasher. :(
  20. klh

klh New Member

My cat does not like chicken or any other meat that we have treated her too.The other as as say eats all!
    I would give her ice cream but she does use a liter tray and I was worrid she would get squitty!
    Maybe they were related???
    The dogs used to share one when they were younger!