Petition to Downing Street

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andywooler, Aug 2, 2008.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Dear friends

Just some background, 2 Para alone have on this tour sent back over 50 casualties to the UK and from one who has been to Selly Oak I know that many cannot be accommodated so when all of the casualties from other battle groups are added to the figure, how is ONE ward in an NHS hospital going to cope? It cannot cope, the individual troops are sent home to recover relying on NHS visiting services which themselves are over committed.
    A lot more than 5000 names are needed for this petition and quite cynically, Downing Street has put a time limit of one month for this to be achieved.
    Do what you can. Please click on the link below to confirm your signature on the petition.

"With the growing numbers of wounded personnel repatriated to the UK and with continued growth in medically discharged personnel since the Falklands war to current conflicts and operations, our service men & women and veterans of previous operational service are owed the best medical care possible. The existing facilities are falling short and the NHS are not meeting the needs of veterans who still need treatment for their service related conditions. A dedicated Military & Veterans Hospital will greatly help resolve this National scandal since the complete closure of our military hospitals that has proved to be total folly"

As an ex member of the Parachute Regiment myself, it grieves me to see so many Paras being killed and wounded out there.
    The petition can only be signed by uk residents or expats btw.

Thanks in advance for signing up.

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

:clap: Done already x2