Petition - The Gurkhas deserve our support

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by andywooler, Sep 17, 2008.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Please take some time out to support the cause of the Gurkhas - these guys have fought for this country and contrinue to do so yet we pay them appallingly and treat illegal imigrants with more courtesy than these brave soldiers get.

Here's the petition wording:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to give all Ex Gurkha soldiers and their families who have served our country British citizenship on leaving the service.

Thank you.
  2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Interestingly enough, the email went straight to the Junk mail folder :biggrin:
  3. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

4. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Doneded also.
  6. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

These fantastic troops should be treated with all the respect their proud record deserves.
    There was ( maybe still is ) a Gurkha regiment attached to 16 Airmobile in my home town of Colchester . Whenever you saw a gurkha out and about in civvies they were always immaculately dressed and incredibly polite . Interestingly enough ,the local chavs never started on them of a Friday night in town !!
  7. andyp

andyp Active Member

Done. When you think of who does get given citizenship, this is a disgrace. End of.
  8. millie6589

millie6589 Member

Donded also :)
  9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

10. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

11. derekdawson

derekdawson Member

I completed this yesterday and got a reply from Downing Street saying I had petitioned to allow the Red Arrows to fly on olympics 2012, did anyone else get this?
  12. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Nice one Derek, still having trouble with the fingering on that keyboard? :biggrin:
  13. derekdawson

derekdawson Member

nice one back Steve my fingering on the BBb was better I must admit
  14. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Signed up and firmly supporting the cause.

The Ghurkhas are some of the finest soldiers the British army has ever seen, and have a long and proud history. Seldom has a country had such loyal friends.

The offer of Citizenship is the least their service to the crown deserves.
  15. Jane Stewart

Jane Stewart New Member

16. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

17. andyp

andyp Active Member

18. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I agree, although from the statement made by the government spokesperson I reckon they'll still be trying to find a few more obstacles to put in the way :mad:

YORKYAL New Member

signed and agreed, example abu amza (sorry about the spelling)