Petition: Make Clarkson PM!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JohnnyEuph, Jan 5, 2008.

1. JohnnyEuph

JohnnyEuph Member

2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

YES! And 33,000 signatures already!
  3. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Quality Idea! I've signed up
  4. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

This one's been floating about for ages. There's been a facebook group promoting the idea for long enough to get over 250,000 members

Also worth signing this one too while you're at it

Edmund King, executive director of the RAC Foundation (2004):

"The middle-lane hog and outside lane blocker are selfish drivers who are wasting one third of our motorway capacity. If we can encourage these drivers to practice better lane discipline it would be equivalent to adding 700 miles of new motorway capacity.

"Poor lane discipline wastes the scarce resource of road capacity, encourages road rage and leads to dangerous tailgating.

"It takes more than ten years to build an extra motorway lane. We could in effect add an extra 700 miles of motorway overnight if motorists improved their lane discipline.

"We would like to see more traffic police on motorways pulling drivers over for hogging the middle lane."
  5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

NO!!! James May for PM with Richard Hammond as Chancellor of the Exchequer........ or vice versa! :tup
  6. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

I'm in the facebook group, I think he would be a vast improvement over our current leadership, plus I drive a 4x4 and would very much like cheaper road tax and petrol! :)
  7. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

wouldn`t this mean all cyclists would be blown up and all caravans shot at dawn?
    And jeremy would banish all women back to the kitchen and have a giant wall erected between Wales and England with the occasional sheep hurled over just to annoy them.
    Richard Hammond has to be the main man as at least he is very pretty and james May for number 2 as wine would become free...
  8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

I don't think he would be very good looking after the nations purse strings considering his latest stunt of publicising his banking details and inviting anybody to come and take what they could.....
    ....Then again I suppose this labour government is guilty of exactly the same thing by allowing immigrants the world over to come over here and drain our public services.
  9. Mesmerist

please correct me if I am wrong but didn`t Clarkson stand as mp for the conservatives some time ago?
    Don`t think he would be anyworse than anyone else
  10. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Ooh controversial!! (Not that I necessarily disagree)

Mind you, at least clarkson was only a muppet with his own money!

I have to say much as I'm an avid top-gear watcher, I wouldn't vote for the man if my life depended on it.

Because of his ridiculous, small minded attitude to motorcycles. Saying on national TV we all deserved to be "shot in the face" was a step too far.

I think he's just jealous because he spends so long in queues of traffic, has to pay the congestion charge in london, and has to pay ten times the price for a car that I do for a bike that's twice as fast.

May and Hammond are both good petrolheads too - but both are also bikers - so I'd vote for either of them.

As for the keep-left signs, why not just introduce the american free-flow system where you can overtake in any lane? After all, most BMW drivers have had that rule for years....
  11. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

And your point being...??? ;) :tongue:

I'm just joking!:rolleyes:

12. Mesmerist

No you are quite right I didn`t say if it was a good or bad thing.
    My favourite episode of top gear (been forced to sit through a few) was when their mums came and tested 3 cars. Excellent to see how all 3 men reverted to being well behavoured boys. So I vote for Mrs Clarkson senior for pm
  13. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Maybe that would work in the house of commons, all the MPs have to bring their mum with them so they behave and stop acting like kids :biggrin: