Peter Kay

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by The-Wee-Timpanist, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Britain's Got The Pop Factor ... And Possibly A New Celebrity Jesus Christ Soapstar Superstar Strictly On Ice

Anyone else watch it?

I have two words for it:

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! :clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Soapstar Superstar Strictly On Ice
    B
    I)Britain's Got The Pop Factor
    Anyone
    U
  3. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

aye.. good show.. great characterisations.... top writing.........

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

First class, and one where you had to keep alert, as there were some very subtle touches with captions and things going on in the background that could have easily been missed.

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I thought Cat Deeley screaming at the crowd to shut up (give or take the odd word)was by far the funniest bit. The rest of it was a bit poor for me.

6. Pav

Pav Member

Loved this and I might have to dig out Phoenix Nights again.

Best bits for me were the link between 'Free Nelson Mandela' and 'Umbrella', 'Home and Away' with Paul McCartney and when the two girls in 2 Up 2 Down started flying.

7. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Am i the only one who didnt get it? :(
    Although it made me laugh a few times:biggrin:

8. bigcol

bigcol Member

I agree it wasn't his best, very contrived and too close to what it was spoofing in the first place. Why have real-life people playing their own parts?

I'm pleased though that they did the R Wayne character, annoys the pants off me when contestants come on and say they are only doing it for their dead relations. No they are doing it for a million pound record contract. Dur.

Highlights were the Geraldine interview (I've lost a lot, including my p-e-n-i-s, to come this far) and Cat telling the audience to f***ing shut up, but that was about it I think. But they were few and far between. No doubt the DVD with 'extras' will be out in time for Xmas.

Bring back Phoenix Nights!