Peter Hawke Garages Lindley Band

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DocFox, Jan 8, 2008.

1. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

I have a CD track playing on my radio station from this band. I cannot find any info on them. For example it was to find what band the BNFL band changed to.

But this one has me stumped.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Lindley Band has been long established in the Huddersfield area of Yorkshire since the 1800's.
    A famous name in past years, the band is still a formidable force having spent quite a few recent years in the Yorkshire Area Championship Section which is no mean achievement.
    As far as I can recall, they have maintained either Championship or (now) 1st Section status for at least the past 50 years.
    I depped for them many years ago and still recall the smart green jackets.
    No doubt a member of the current band will be able to help you more than I can.
    BNFL have now reverted to their original name as the Leyland Band.
    - Wilkie
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Thanks, like I mentioned (probably not too clearly) that when you search for BNFL you get to Leyland.

The Lindley Band, for a 1st Section band, has no website. No place to link to at all. I have 125 CDs on the station and no place to send visitors wanting either the CD (probably long sold out, I bought it many years ago) or more info.

Oh well, one out of 25 isn't bad I guess.

Thanks for the help,

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

I think you need to try an alternative search engine to the one you're currently using Jim:

(First result on google)
  5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Or check my spelling since I used Google.

Thanks at always,