Peter Gane Horn Mutes

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Anno Draconis, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a pair of Peter Gane tenor horn straight mutes that Wingates could borrow for this week? Having decided this weekend that we like the sound of these more than the Humes & Berg ones, we discovered that two of our set of three are missing! They're made to order, so we can't buy any in time for Blackpool on Sunday.

Will happily come and collect them, and buy you a pint or two in the Winter Gardens bar...

2. Hi .

We (the Music Cellar) have 1 straight in stock, if you would like that one.
  3. Anno Draconis

Thanks John, we may well do if we can source another to make a full set for the contest - I'll let you know one way or the other within 24 hours.
  4. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

PM on its way.....
  5. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

What effort for three bars! Hope I've not missed some errata sheet! I don't even know what make our mutes are :-?
  6. Anno Draconis

Yes, apparently the first 34 bars of all three horn parts plus the BBb bass are supposed to be muted. Did you not get the email? And the sop solo near the end is harmon muted, with the tube extended.

(Kidding ;))
  7. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

Haha for about 5 seconds then I felt mild panic, then read it properly! Will teach me to go on forums when I should be working!
  8. Anno Draconis

I so nearly didn't put "kidding" at the bottom. But that would have been mean :D

We have sorted a set of horn mutes - not Peter Ganes, but a matching set of fibre straight mutes from a local band. Thanks to everyone who offered to help, and particular thanks to Martin at Coppull and Standish for the loan of their mutes. Have you told John Hall yet? ;)
  9. Errol

Errol Supporting Member