Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Robhibberd29, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

After my journey back up the motorway today after attending rehearsal with Burbage Silver, I was rather put out by the amount of roadworks, 50mph speed limits with average speed cameras, and closed slip roads which must have added another 50% onto my journey very annoying!

I suppose you could call it a pet peeve of mine

Does anyone else have a pet peeve?
  2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

No not you Rob, people throwing rubbish willy nilly. WHY?
    I spend a lot of my time maintaining gardens on industrial sites and a fair amount of time is spent picking up litter left by incosiderate morons! how hard is it just to pu it in bins provided or take it home and bin it?
    Sorry, your pet peeves thread made me fell a little peeved.
  3. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Ah ha yes, good one Mr B, get it in the wheelie bin ;-)
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I've got a couple of recent additions ...

(1) people not paying attention where they are walking when chatting away on their mobile phones.
    (2) cyclists who use pedestrian pathways and think they own that space. I couldn't believe it when this cyclist told me off for not watching out for him.
  5. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Irresponsible dog owners who dont pick up after their dogs have "been" on the blooming pavement/grass verge!
  6. hicks

hicks Member

Boy this thread could run and run..

Council tax. It's unfair and we don't get value for money. (In my area anyway).
  7. paddo

paddo Member

ANdrew, thats probably due to us law abiding folk having to pay for those who are not. We won't go down this route, another thread me thinks!!

Pet Peeves!

Dog fouling, owners not clearing up

Car drivers still using their mobiles, several times last week nearly had a pile up with them....

Dropped litter and spitting!! the foulest of them all, do people know what can be passed on that way! no wonder tb is on the rise!!

Could carry on for quite a while but I won't. Grumpy old man eh!
  8. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

I agree with the rubbish dropping thing, why WHY?!?!?!?! There are plenty of bins why just drop it?! Why?!

Oh, and people that try to cross a busy road when there's a crossing about 10 feet away! Ridiculous! And then they look at you like you should've stopped for them! USE THE CROSSING!

What a great thread!
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  9. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

People with those suit cases they drag behind them that suddenly stop causing me top trip over them. Happens all the time at Liverppol Street station!
  10. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

PC do-gooders
  11. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Drivers turning without indicators!

When I am crossing a road at a junction I always look for the indicators to tell me if anyone is coming into the road I want to cross. The amount of times I have nearly been run over when crossing the road because a driver hasn't indicated they are turning is unbelievable.
  12. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

I find it so annoying when you take the lid off of a yoghurt and it spurts yoghurt at you.
  13. leisa

leisa Active Member

People in supermarkets [full stop]
  14. leisa

leisa Active Member

That does my head in!!! when i am driving as well, including people who don't indicate on roundabouts i.e the most ignorant, stupid people in the wooorld!
  15. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Second post on this thread! (I'm just getting going!)
    People that dont re-cycle. Travellers who think they are ****** exempt from road tax and insurance... Lying politicians...Binmen who wont empty the bin if the lid isnt completely shut... and lastly (for now) string players who marry banders, get roped into playing perc and pull their faces! (Rant over for now)
  16. Di

Di Active Member

People who pull out in front of you when there's a completely empty road behind you. They then pootle down the road at 35/40 where you were previously doing 60. :mad:
  17. horn1

horn1 Member

Middle lane hoggers! ggrrrrr!
  18. hicks

hicks Member

I don't see why people get so uptight about this. What's the big deal? I just use the right hand lane to overtake them :confused:
  19. Di

Di Active Member

You're in luck, there's a whole thread devoted to this. :)
  20. groovy

groovy Active Member

People who turn up to 9am lectures like its a fashion show...while I'm sitting there looking tired/hungover etc....its a lecture people! No one cares what you look like!!

When people are rude for no apparent reason....used to get this a lot when working in a shop. Doesn't kill you to say please/thank you!

Blowing water out your instrument really loudly, there's NO NEED for it!! Particularly in solo contests, because you can really hear it. Detracts from the overall performance!

These are just a few....