Pet likes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by hicks, Feb 19, 2008.

1. hicks

hicks Member

Ok I thought I would post this to balance the negativity in the 'pet peeves' thread. What gives you the most joy or satisfaction in life (keep it clean folks) :)

My daughter constantly amazes and delights me as I watch her grow up and develop.
    I would also have to mention a perfectly executed solo performance (ok that's never happened yet, but I can dream).
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

My kids... never fail to amaze me how they grow up so quickly
    Weekend walks with the family - just bliss
    My camera - with me almost everywhere I go
    My Synths - well... what more can I say, I love 'em...?

There you go...

Oh... and of course... tMP :) where would I be without it eh...:tongue:
  3. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Chocolate. Especially expensive Swiss or Belgian chocolate with red wine, a nice Rioja, maybe or a rounded Merlot....

Oh and a real log or coal fire and a fluffy rug....
  4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

My Parents, No matter how much i **** them off they still bail me out when i'm in trouble. I love my Mum :D
  5. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

....carry on it sounds like the prelude to the rude bits in a Mills and Boon romance.

My cat! Always happy to greet me when I get home from work or band. She's lovely!
  7. paddo

paddo Member

My two little girls...

The odd time I am at home and fall asleep on the sofa and the eldest pulls my eye lid open just to make sure I am asleep:)
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Awwwww... poor daddy!!!:biggrin:
  9. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Well dad helps me out too, but i don't normally fall out with him in the first place!
  10. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Friday nights, weeks work done, glass of beer whilst cooking, 10mins practice,10mins tmp then nice bottle of wine with the excellent food and a good woman.
  11. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Don't you mean The good woman Mr B?
  12. leisa

leisa Active Member

Sounds good to me! Or white wine, or rose...i love wine.
  13. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

A like to just keep a hint of mystery

But yes you are correct Anthony :biggrin:
  14. joker66

joker66 Member

Aaaah - you're going soft in your old age!!!!

Although I must say my two girls are also my pride and joy. I'm not looking forward to them being in their teens tho' as the arguments are bad enough between then at 6 and 4. You've got all this to come! It is good fun to watch them when daddy is asleep, or trying to watch his beloved Man Utd as this is not allowed in our house!! He thinks I've trained them in when to talk the most!!!
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  15. paddo

paddo Member

That Liz??

Don't even want to think about when they are teenagers yet!! I am going grey already.......
  16. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

My doggy the other day.... I was lay on the sofa... and he was sat on the floor next to me..... I was playing with his ear... but stopped briefly... and he looked up at me as if to say 'ummmm excuse meeeeee you seem to have stopped!! my ear needs tickling!' ... I will miss him when I'm in America!
  17. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

dark chocolate (green and blacks), dairy milk ,cheese sandwich, pasta, red wine, Baileys (what a little piggy!). My flugel, my huge bed, eygptian cotton, silk, cashmere, merino wool,expensive clothes(in my dreams). A couple of hours alone in a book shop.Sunsets,hills,woods and coast.Classical music as well as brass band, romantic films and flowers.
    Sounds like one of those adverts G.S.O.H. AND OWN TEETH AN ADVANTAGE reply to box no 2243...
    And of course my beautiful wilful family and their company
  18. joker66

joker66 Member

Yes Mark its Liz

Didn't want to comment on the grey hairs - I take it you have noticed Martins'.

Despite all this its all worth it - especially when Em trieds to play jingle bells on one note and they are fighting about whether to play the horn or the cornet! I think the horn will be better than Daddy's bass tho!
  19. paddo

paddo Member

Lexi has one of those damn toys that has a demo!! tune, demo!! she is 2!!

Sorry I know that this is not the pet hates thread, back on line.........

Grey hairs what grey hairs?

Likes! Lola our dog laid on my rather large belly having a bit of a coudle......:)
  20. lilz

lilz Member

now this is sad...
    i like it when available car advert comes on the radio and i say:
    at available car castle donington,
    available car Sutton on ashfield
    and available
    in time with the advert....cos its really hard you know