Personal Statements

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by HBB, Sep 15, 2005.

1. HBB

HBB Active Member

Applications through CUKAS have a dead line of October 1st (eek!) and I've only just done my personal statement.

Could you fine tMPers a) say what you think & b) think of corrections/improvements?!

Thanks in Advance!

Note: Please don't think I'm a big head! It's what you actually have to do :cry:
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  2. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Looks good to me! I'd accept you based on that alone!!! Lol
  3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wahey!! :D
  4. dyl

dyl Active Member

Gonna blow yourself up then Ben? ;)
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm so colourful :D
  6. HBB

HBB Active Member

On second thoughts... none of you take that the wrong way :evil:
  7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi Ben looks good but perhaps not everyone in the world has heard of "for example Leslie Howie, Sandy Smith and Roger Webster"? Do you think you should add a bit about these people that the man-in-the street might appreciate? Perhaps if you refer to them playing for Grimethorpe and Dyke then that would give this some more umph.
  8. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

Looks very good to me. Only thing I would say is that you could put some more importance on the non-musical aspects about your life so they get a picture of the whole person. You are obviously applying for music related courses, so they already know your love for music. Its the extra-curricular activities that often impress.
  9. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

well done bunny, very good. but i have to agree with bighorn, try and put something else in about hobbies and interests etc and your life outside music. I know you're a very music-arientated person, but like bighorn said, its the whole person they will be looking at, and they already know you have a love of music coz of the course you're applying for.

i wouldnt worry too much though, i havent even thought about starting my first draft of my personal statement yet. i'm just no good at boasting about myself to a bunch of strangers, i always feel bigheaded and sell mysef short! any advice?