Personal Car Registrations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by MickM, Sep 16, 2006.

1. MickM

MickM Member

Any Euphonium players out there fancy a private reg.

or maybe a Trombone player

TROMB (this one's a bargain)

or what about a Tuba player

TUBA U
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  2. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I wish it would be valid on my side of the pond - I'd be happy to have the Euphs tag.
  3. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Already got one ta very much
  4. MickM

MickM Member

Are you going to tell us what it is Dave?

Is it name related or instrument related?

Everyone knows Pete Roberts reg ...... N1 SOP {think there was a 4br article)
    Any other interesting brass band related one's out there?
  5. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

6. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

None of those would be legal this side of the pond either.. ;)
  7. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

Why wouldn't those be valid in Texas? They'd be OK in Maryland or Virginia.

We had a player who was the rock of our back row for about 20 years, never wanted to move up to the front row, still has Virginia tag "2CORNET".
  8. MickM

MickM Member

With respect Mr Policeman :tongue: , ALL the links in my first post are VERY legal as long as they are displayed as seen on the DVLA web site! Just got to use your imagination and the correct coloured fixing screws :biggrin:
  9. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

That's the point though isn't it - if you have to use artificially placed and specifically coloured fixing screws you are trying to misrepresent the numberplate.
  10. MickM

MickM Member

Correct Daniel. I wasn't suggesting that anyone should do that (honest), but people do, and have to pay the penalty.
    A young girl on our avenue has a Renault Clio with reg plate's thus [X 1300 X] although she hasn't used any fixing screws, the spacing of the letters and numbers are totaly illegal. I woudn't mind but it's a 1.2 clio anyway :oops: .
    Anyway she's getting a £30 ticket slapped on her windscreen every other week, and doesn't seem to care (she must have a hell of a salary).

As i said previously, the above are legal if displayed correctly ;)
  11. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Surprising how many dubious number plates you do see. I'd have thought in the days of computer camera recognition the police would be getting keener on that sort of thing. But you still see script number plates that are vritually illegible, dodgy spacing, dubious screw covers, not to mention the trick some people use of blacking them out to stop camera flashes from getting them.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I must be getting thick (er) in my old age. You'll have to explain what the actual letter and number combinations make up those plates then. I can't work out what they would be. :)
  13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Why not click on the links in Mick's first post? ;)
  14. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

No, name related DPG!:)
  15. MickM

MickM Member

This could explain why!

16. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Driving home today I saw the following:
    A R 5 1 V O R
    It was all laid out with regular spacing, not how a plate is usually set out. Jo and I could only make one phrase out of it.
  17. Mister 4x4

Mister 4x4 Member

I'm guessing we're talking about putting European tags on vehicles in America. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe Texas frowns upon the practice, unless you're active-duty military having just returned from overseas duty with your car.

On another note, I'd always wanted a plate that read: TI 3VOM (When the guy in front of you sees it in their rear-view mirror, it'll make more sense) :D

I'd also thought about: 2HI4U, 2LO4ME, and even JEEPZILLA, but I think now I like just plain ol' "MR 4X4" for my Jeep. Maybe next time I'll check and see if it's available.
  18. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Well I did have my heart set on something that would prove my black dyke obsession, ie: BD84 MEE (the 8 looks suitably like a B on the site!) but apparantly it won't be available until 2034!! :( Gutted! So I reckon I'd go for this :cool: Now all I need is the car, the driving license, the driving lessons and an extra £499 with nothing better to spend it on!
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2006
  19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I've always wanted WEL 50 M, but I've never seen it...
  20. PowerRanger

PowerRanger Member

If you ever come to your senses, you could always have this one :tongue: