Person shouting abuse @ the bands @ RAH Gala Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by beard_4b, Oct 20, 2003.

1. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

Did anyone happen to notice the guy who was shouting abuse @ the bands and soloist @ the gala concert in RAH following the national finals.

There was also someone that wolf whistled @ the conductor of the royal marines who was wearing very tight trousers, and voiced their opinions (very loudly) about the soloist derick watkins using the PA system when he played a solo.

What did people think of the concert those who were there?
  2. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Really!? Is that true? That's awful, didn't anyone do anything about it???
  3. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

I did not hear the abuse ( I was in the centre stalls, right at the back), but I heard the wolf-whistle, as did everyone else in the RAH. The person concerned should have been "asked" to leave.

Overall, I enjoyed the concert. Derek Watkins was sensational. Of the 3 bands, I enjoyed Cory's section the most. "Finlandia" made a change from "Elsa" and "The Appian Way" as a massed bands finale.

Hopefully the attendence will be better in future years, or I can see the Gala concert being cancelled again.
  4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

was it Jack?
  5. Heather

Heather Member

I wondered that too Aidan.
    Obviously the North West bands know him but others won't.
    Can't see him doing that though!!
    Not seen him for a while...have you??
  6. Grumpy Wannabee

Grumpy Wannabee New Member

RAH Gala Concert

Heckling is a justified response to a poor programme. Have been heckled myself many times ... mostly by my own band. Afraid I can't take responsibility for the wolf whistle as I had left by then! But I have my suspicions.

But it was a truly dismal night for Brass Banding. By the way, who's Jack?
  7. Brian Kelly

Even if you are not enjoying a programme, heckling is simply rude and bad manners.

Edit: Duplicate post deleted (RT)
  8. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

It was hilarious tho!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. dyl

dyl Active Member

I wonder if you'd find it hilarious if someone 'heckled' while you were performing?
  10. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

To be fair the captain of the royal marines deserved all he got - his trousers were very tight and they looked like he was wearing lycra!

He looked very camp, but he was 'in the navy' in suppose!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

you get used to it after a while - i do anyway
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

get heckled a lot eh? I don't think it's acceptable to heckle at the Albert Hall. It's ok at band clubs and things like that, but when you've already got that much pressure on you the last thing you need is someone heckling!
  13. weuphl

weuphl Member

I was on stage and thankfully never heard any of this!!

14. horn1

horn1 Member

Why is it OK to heckle at bandclubs and not the Albert Hall???????
  15. Brian Kelly

Why is it OK to heckle at bandclubs and not the Albert Hall???????[/quote]

It isn't. As I posted before, it is rude and bad maners.

Apart from that, it gives a bad impression of brass bands. There were quite a few professional musicians in the audience for the Gala concert (Don Lusher, to name but one). If the Gala concert gets the same reputation among professional musicians and top bands that playing the Glasgow Empire used to have among stand-up comedians, then the Gala concert will die out simply because top bands and professional musicians will refuse to take part.
  16. leisa

leisa Active Member

we got booed at the national youth champs
  17. markyboy

markyboy Member

I saw Jack at Pontins when he came and said Hello to me. Obviously he is well known of in Northern Banding circles, he always appears at various contests.
    Although I dont really know him he is a true Brass Band fan, and I would doubt if he was to ever cause any bother at a concert.
    (Not that I am saying for one second that you were accusing him)
    Hope there's no misunderstating mate!!
  18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Probably because you had about 4 bands worth of players on stage! :wink:
  19. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

booed? that'll be by one of the other youth bands then, a certain youth band tried to start a fight with us once at a contest, bunch of babies. I've got a couple of bands in mind as to who it could be. oh well.

although curiously we never got booed, and we had a double size band, weird, mustn't have been because of that.
  20. aimee_euph

aimee_euph Member

he was in the club at Pontins!!!